What is the benefit you get when you invest in a currency?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There was a time that I checked the contents of our home vault and was curious to find so much money. There was a substantial amount of our peso currency but what surprised me is the US dollar that was more than $5,000 in total. My wife said that the cash in Pesos is for emergency because hospitals here require a down payment in cash. That is acceptable but what about the US dollar?

Okay, the dollars can be used when we travel. But for now that we cannot travel the US dollar is part of the investment. The value of the US dollar is always stable that it is better to keep the money in US dollar than depositing it in the bank. It is ironic that my wife is working in a bank but I have to agree that the US dollar is a good investment.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Investing in a foreign country can benefit you only when the economy of your country fails and the value of your country's currency falls compared to the USD. Trying to make money from the foreign currency is something like wishing your own country's economy to fail so that you will earn profits.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When I was still in college, I had friends who invested in the USD and Euro. When the country's currency depreciated in terms of USD or Euro, they made profits by selling the currencies. However, I was never interested in this business because you had to hold a big amount of foreign currencies to benefit.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is simply like a forex. What I do most time is to find a means of earning in foreign currency. And so far so good, I have seen a website that pays me in dollar. So I keep on saving the money waiting for the dollar to be stronger before selling out.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
There is a function you should invest in the US dollars or the Great British pounds the reason is because it will be easier for you if the economy of your country is depreciating you will be able to cash out with interest and that is the best thing we all need to do if we believe that the currency of our country is depreciating

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I don't know much about investing in foreign money but I think that this is similar to forex trading. You earn when the value of currency in the different countries is different. Si for you to earn from US dollar investment, it means your country's economy should be lower. Which happens alot because as you said, US dollar is stable and their economy is always high since they are a super power nation.