What is Blogging?

Obi Ngozi

pexels-canva-studio-3194523 (1).jpg
Ever wonder why most all of the teens today are addicted to the internet? Well it has everything a young exploring mind needs. From browsing the net for document researches, shopping, cooking, gaming, chat, and a whole bunch of stuff going inside a website’s offer.

Yep, all of these including one secluded part of a teen’s life which is their journal. Don’t believe me? Then try hooking up on the internet now and see how much there is that is available today.

Aside from being a window for the readers to see what’s on the author’s mind, a blog lets him elaborate on facts or scribble out whatever idea that pops out his head. A blog is a simplified term for “web blog”-a new generation medium for writing articles, essays, statements and the like.

It’s usually composed of texts or sometimes pictures and multimedia topics. If you’re tired of jotting down every single detail of your life’s worth on paper, why not try the new fad of journalism which is blogging. Blogging literally means sharing a comment of life through the internet.

Obi Ngozi

Never read so simple definition on blogs. Its quite good. Do you write blogs? I would really like to read one of your blogs. You writing style is quite simple and easy to read.
I must confess this comment has really made my day. I appreciate.
For your question? I am currently not a blogger but planning to start soon. Thanks once more.

Nova

Blogging in past was pure diary format. And thing changed once some people started making money off it. I think that is what proved the benefit of blogging daily. Think of it as a means to turn your content into some sort of the value. I think blogging gets easier if you are going to make some progress with it. I earn from blogging but extremely less and that is not even worth discussing. So I'd say that blogging works if you can regularly pump out the good content. Some people take a lot of time for the blogging work for them. In such context it would be pretty difficult in overall way.

Another thing is that blogging takes time. Some people make money in few weeks. And for some people it takes around a year or so. I think it all depends on how you take time overall time and with some effort I guess the goals with the blogs can be achieved.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Blogging is giving your opinion about the subject matter you are writing about or discussing. It is giving your personal opinion on things and getting feedback from your readers. I like the fact that it can be started free, thanks to Google for a free platform that one doesn't need to pay money before starting off. Another good thing about blogging is that you can actually make money off it. So blogging is a kind of money making venture,where one get paid in several ways from writing about different things but on a particular niche

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Yes, blogging is a personal journal that in the olden times it is called a diary. The word blog came from the term Website Log that was shortened to weblog and later shortened again to blog. The purpose of the blog is to express what the blogger want to say. But now blogging has become an industry that it has many other uses like for health, religion, politics and even the paranormal. If you are a blogger then you have the so called niche which is the theme of the blog. My own blog is about science fiction stories, the niche is sci-fi. The contents are all my original stories for the readers to read for free.

Donkiz

Blogging was previously seen as a hobby and something to past time, but now it has turned to business and therefore lots of people that naturally does not have any business with blogging have entered it because of the nature of money that comes from it.

Lots of things about blogging changed when it became clear that you can be paid lots of money to display adverts on your blog page, and also that you can earn good money from affiliate marketing as a blogger, then blogging turned from passion to business and a good part it was eroded.

Ahxmed

Thanks for the info. Though blogging is more than want you have mentioned.