What if you need a caregiver in your old age?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
For the older people in this forum, did it occur to you that you may be needing a caregiver in your old age? I have seen caregivers many of them taking care of old people. In fact, my elder brother and his wife are working as caregivers in the US in the Hollywood area. That got me thinking that when I grow old I might need a caregiver so I should have the funds for that.

Unfortunately there is no insurance on that issue of the caregiver so what we can do now is to save or set aside a fund for that purpose. My recourse would be to sell our house which is quite big with 3 bedrooms and 1 stock room. Maybe we can settle in a smaller house so I will have the needed funds for the caregiver in the future. It is a sad fact of life that an old person could not take care of himself anymore. It is pathetic but we may not escape that reality.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
This is very possible but to be candid that is not the best. It would be better to prepare oneself before one gets really old. But in any case if that were to happen by chance or any other means one can still get involved in teaching because there will certainly be some level of experience.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Well it is possible that I might need this in the future and sometimes I might feel so worthless as I cannot do most of my things,yes as you have said it is advisable for us to save some money to take care of these people that are taking care of and pay them their salary also, 90% of people at old age will need this and let's start preparing for it.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is better to be thinking of old age. But I have never thought of this before. Maybe because of my culture, the children of the old people always be the ones that will take care of the old people. The cost and the everything that will be involved in taking care of the old age will be on the children head. So the old age doesn't need to be saving money for this course.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Let say, you buy an insurance policy for the term of 20 years when you are 40 years old. By the time you're 60, your policy will mature and you will get your insurance benefits, you can use that money to hire a caregiver or even a nurse. But you need to act early on before it is too late.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Old age in every human’s life is the stage where you will surely need some people to assist you in whatever you do. Because you will start to feel like a kid again. Your body goes weak and you can’t do the regular things you used to do by yourself

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
It is very necessary to think about it because its very good. Old age must catch up with some one no matter how you may be now definitely a time is come when what one can do noe without stress will become a big problem when the time comes. Once again its necessary to prepare for the old age.

Phabbyfundz

Most people don't even know or are not even aware that there are insurance policy that provides coverages for problems associated with old age and even after retirement conditions, insurance policies also cover for increase in the cost of living caused by hazards or even health challenges and old age related problems.

MOSIUR

The old are too helpless for us to imagine ever. If you live with an old man, you will feel what types of problems a person faces. Otherwise, you will realize a few. So, I think everyone should take in preparation for the old-aged time (in the case of living as you may die before that) lest you should face the probable difficulties.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Old age is usually inevitable in human life on a normal process ,that is why many are actually making moves of getting a care giver so that incase they grow old they won't be left out but would still be given support at the end , so their needs continues too

Chibson

VIP Contributor
it is actually very important for people to start early to plan for their old age because that will go a very long way in making them live a very good life. Sometimes it is not actually very good to depend on family members to give you care because they too have their own lives to live. So having this kind of insurance will go a very long way.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
it is actually very important for people to start early to plan for their old age because that will go a very long way in making them live a very good life. Sometimes it is not actually very ye to depend on family members to give you care because they too have their own lives to live. So having this kind of insurance will go a very long way.
Yeah probably if the person wants to have a better old age ,the person needs to start planning from the start when he or she is still very much young ,then little by little things changes and the person would be able to cater for himself when he grows older than before he will sort things out easily by having supports

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is a reality that all of us must face no matter how we deceive ourselves and want to believe it won't get to that, it will really get there when the time comes and all what one can do is to prepare self for it. It will need funds and more funds

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
This is a reality that all of us must face no matter how we deceive ourselves and want to believe it won't get to that, it will really get there when the time comes and all what one can do is to prepare self for it. It will need funds and more funds
I think we just have to prepare about the Future , because the importance of care giver to someone old life can't be underestimated , because most times it's the caregiver that supports and give direction to the person involve in what exact particular steps to take and others I think , even if it require more funds and funds

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Their is no need of caregivers in my life when I have children who should always send me that during my old age. The essence of bearing children is it to train them and they wouldn't return the glory at later stages of your life? No, the children will always take care of their parents, especially the ever loving children, they'll get you a caregiver when you need one.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
It's true that we need someone to take care of us at old age. This is very important because at this age, you would not be able to do what you would do normally at young age. We don't really have an agency for a old age caregivers but what we do traditionally is to be taken care of by your children when you are old.