What do Youngsters look for in a Job?

raaman

Valued Contributor
As the job market continues to improve, many millennial will receive multiple job offers in their search, but how do companies stay competitive and attract top talent? The jobs that millennial are looking for should show them how their work adds value.

And also show that it has a positive impact. It is a great way to keep employees motivated and engaged. Having a positive work environment helps create a sense of community as well as transparency and fostering collaboration among your employees.

Millennial seek to be able to participate in the work culture. It can be a participation in a company exit to reorganize an office space, employees want to be part of a team, they want to get involved.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Most young people I know in my country wants a good pay from a job, if not excessive pay, but at least a reasonable one. I think apart from the pay, the working environment for a young worker should be conducive and encouraging. The working milieu should be a learning place for a worker. Though, I don't literally rely extremely on the pay I get from a work, I want to focus as well on what to learn.

AmaliaTG

As the job market continues to improve, many millennial will receive multiple job offers in their search, but how do companies stay competitive and attract top talent? The jobs that millennial are looking for should show them how their work adds value.

And also show that it has a positive impact. It is a great way to keep employees motivated and engaged. Having a positive work environment helps create a sense of community as well as transparency and fostering collaboration among your employees.

Millennial seek to be able to participate in the work culture. It can be a participation in a company exit to reorganize an office space, employees want to be part of a team, they want to get involved.
Most millennial are not only looking for a good pay but also a stable permanent job which will make them feel secure in fulfilling their career, dreams and goals and live their best life. But unfortunately, this day it's becoming close to impossible to find any employment and upon one getting employment If they luck enough, it's hard to even sustain that job or the pay doesn't cater for your needs.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
There are several things young people look for in job. first thing is that they must make sure that there is job security because that is very important for anyone who is looking for the job. There are some situations whereby people will be sacked early in the morning when I get to work and that is very bad and no one wants to face such situation. People also look for a well-paying job in order to take care of themselves and their needs.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I am a 30 years old man. The very first thing I would look in a job is that I will see if I am capable of doing that job or not. I was selected by a company a few months ago, but I left it because I did not felt that I would be able to handle the work pressure, so I left it. I would also see if I am truly passionate about the job I am seeking. If I am not interested in the offer, then I would politely decline.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be honest, the youngsters are driven by money first. They do work in order to fend for themselves. Aside that, they work for experience. The youngsters need experience before they set up their own businesses too. There are many other reasons why youngsters find themselves in diffrent workplaces but no one can jettison the above reasons.

Andrew79

Personally i think Millennials and those that come after them Generation Z want a good work-life balance as one of the best things about their job. Employers therefore have to harness that work-life balance or they will go elsewhere. i don't believe they will be loyal to employers like we have been. if they are not happy and the environment is not right they will be gone. Covid has in a way made employers think about the future of the workplace ahead of time, but the future is now.