What can a business do to drive away bad customers?

There is a saying that; customer are always right. Meaning that is either what they do is right or wrong they are always right. That is to say that one need to be taken care of them (pampering them).

This days my experience with them is bad because some of this so call customer when they come and see that the price of the goods has increase they will be shouting despite my explanation one could have given them.

Some of they be own you small change (credit) but for them to pay you they will be pro postponing the payment.

In fact some of them will be running away from you so that you will not ask them what they are owning you again.

Some will even go to another place to buy something when they have money and come back to you whenever they do not have enough money to pay.
And some of these customer are doing that intentionally knowing that it can bring some one business dawn.

Though without customers patronizing one business it can not grow the way its should and their will not be a good inflow of income.
And without inflow their will not be expansion of business.

But with this their attitude one still need to be very careful so that the business will not fold up.

How can a business drive those bad customers away?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This your question he is somehow confusing and of course I will answer it but it will not be a straight forward answer. Now if a business tries to drive away their customer whether bad or good do you think that that business will benefit from it on the long run?. I think businesses have to map out strategies which they can use to take care of your customers because customers are the bedrock of the business.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
That’s humans for you whether as a customer or not you would still encounter them. But the truth is that customers are most times not right but you must tolerate. For those that are outrightly not willing to change please you need to avoid them by not selling to them. Let them go else where to buy.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
This your question he is somehow confusing and of course I will answer it but it will not be a straight forward answer. Now if a business tries to drive away their customer whether bad or good do you think that that business will benefit from it on the long run?. I think businesses have to map out strategies which they can use to take care of your customers because customers are the bedrock of the business.
You are right by saying customer is the bed rock of the business butvat the same time one still need to be careful so that they will nor ruin one business with their bad attitudes. In fact some if them will did what is wrong intentionally and still tell you that customers is always right to your face.. All this type if customer did not worth to be kept.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
That's what business people are facing....when you have customers, they can't all have the same attitudes, because customers are humans too, and humans can be irrational. As a business man, you should know how to behave with your customers without pissing them off. But I wouldn't support giving customers credit because this act may wreck your business. It's better you avoid selling credit to them, especially if you noticed some that can be too dubious!

You are right in your own way! But I think the question of the OP is quiet understandable. The poster is a business man whose some of his customers likes taking things or buying things on credit.....

My opinion; To drive away such customers will have to be the posters decisions, because I would not support customers buying credit and paying, this can ruin any good enterprise!

A K Rao

Getting into an altercation or arguments with trouble making customers is not a good way of tackling the customers as the other customers get distracted and the chances of losing them is too high. The best thing to keep away such trouble making customers is to have a strict policy for your shop and display the same openly to the public. Like you can have a policy of 'No Credit' and you can strictly follow it. And nipping the problems at the budding stage is always better. Prevention is better than cure, so prevent interaction for business with troubling customers at the initial stages only.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
With my experience not compelling the order and ignoring the competition is the worst thing. This happened many times when a shop did not compiled our order where we were regular customer, and then we just asked another shop owner nearby and he even made free home delivery, resulting in making us his regular customer.

D

Deleted member 28127

If customer is always right means there is in some cases maintenance is not accepted like for example if you have a computer and you are not using it very well like hit the computer on the table instead of putting it kindly when your PC is no longer working then there is no maintenance even it is damaged before maintenance period is expired, maintenance is for normal cases, but some customers doesn't understand this and are always saying customer is right however it is not always true.