General insurance What Are The Functions Of An Insurance Adjuster

uforwealth

Verified member
An insurance adjuster or claim adjuster is a person whose job is to investigate claims submitted by a policyholder in order to determine how much an insurance company should pay as compensation to the insured whenever there is a loss or damage. He is an intermediary between an insurance company and the insured.

An insurance adjuster performs the following functions

1. He verifies the insurance policy bought by the insured to assess its coverage.
  2. He thoroughly investigates claims submitted by the insured and files them for compensation.
  3. He knows whether there is coverage for a claim or not.
  4. He takes part in the assessment of damages and losses to the properties of the insured.
  5. He negotiates between the insurer and the insured.

What other functions of an insurance adjuster do you know?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
This assurance adjuster sounds like a middle-man which happens to be a lawyer because for someone to have the access to validate a particular contract, such person must know very much about laws and documents. It really sound like this assurance adjuster is the main body in making an insurance contract

Nite

Valued Contributor
An Insurance adjuster verifies insurance claims and negotiate claim settlement and see that the claims are paid out to policyholders. From personal injury to property damage, it could be any type of claim, the insurance adjuster's job is to carry out a detailed investigation on it and ensure that the claimant gets appropriate settlement.

Good luck

Verified member
the insurance adjuster is like an intermediary between the insurer and the company.They really play a vital role in ensuring there is free and fair play between both parties.they really tried their best in . making sure the insurer get information about the company and also get across to the insurer.it also make sure the policy of the company is well understood by the insurer.

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Judging from the analysis, I think the main function of an insurance adjuster is that he verifies the insurance policy bought by the client because any job that involves verification is an important job, if any issue should arise concerning confirmation of documents, the insurance adjuster will be the first to be held responsible

Nite

Valued Contributor
It's the insurance adjuster’s responsibility to inspect all damage and then come to a reasonable estimate that honours the insurance company's duties outlined in your policy, while also making fiscally responsible decisions. Better to complete your own walkthrough and ensure things do not get missed, before your insurance adjuster arrives onsite.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I can see that many people were talking about the risk adjuster. A risk adjuster to me is not an intermediary but it can be one of the department within the same insurance company .
They are responsible to look at the risk about to cover by the insurance may be I will be viable or not. They also examine any accident that might have occur thoroughly before any compensation is awarded.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I learnt something new today. So it means the investigatory part of insurance is not handled by the insurance company but a neutral body. I think this is better in order to ensure that there is no partiality while carrying out the investigation. Although some people argue that the that they are hired by the insurance company.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
An insurance adjuster actually investigate claims , because they want to know if the claims are false or true or it's been faked , before they take and make a final decision on the deal , also they negotiate premium and also brings more client to the insurance company too ,