Ways to save money better than you did.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
There are infinite ways to save money, but if you want to save the most, it's time to spend less and make more.

We're going to go over five really obvious ways to save money better than you did.

Cut down on your grocery bill by eating out less at restaurants.

The average person spends about $40 a week on food. Cut that in half and you're saving $20 per week.

A lot of people don't realize that eating out can actually cost more than cooking for yourself. This is because many restaurants charge for things like water and napkins — things that aren't even necessary when eating at home. If you take this into account, eating out can actually cost less than cooking for yourself!

In order to save money on groceries, plan ahead with your meals so that you won't run out of food before it's time to prepare them (and also avoid having too much food in general).

Ganibade

Verified member
Someone can save money rather than before by hostling more than he or she does,
It good for the person to have target of saving, so that he will not spend lavishly,this will make him or her to save more money than before.
To economize the way someone spending so that he or she can not buy what he doesn't need, so as to make more saving than he or she saved.
Someone can do contribution in working place to save more money together with the one that is going to bank for saving.
I would advise the person that needs more saving, not to do contribution outside his or her working place because of risk aspect of it.

Heartstrings

I agree with you. There are so many ways and tricks to save money. Those who spend anyhow and extravagant most times find it hard to save money the way they are supposed to.
Home made foods are unique and the best,and infact less expensive and the quality is superb.. the way some people eat at restaurant every day makes me wonder how much they spend daily,and most restaurant foods are about the quantity and not quality.

You can calculate the money you are supposed to use in a restaurant for 1 months,use it to cook a good meal for a month and see how you waste money on restaurant foods.
I am a fan of home made food and so far it helps me with reduction of my expenses and savings.

Truly it is good to plan ahead of your meals before time,else you will have to be rushing out to restaurants to spend double of what you can actually cook a good home made food with.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Do you know what's even better than saving money? Saving money with more freedom.

Here are three ways to do that:

1) Streamline your expenses. If you have a monthly bill, break it down and figure out how much of it is really necessary in order to live your life. For example, if you have a $50 cable bill every month, does the channel lineup really matter? Or can you use Netflix for the time being? Make sure you can afford the essentials and cut out anything else.

2) Use coupons! You can get discounts on almost everything if you know where to look. But be careful—some stores will only give coupons to people they believe are already loyal customers who are likely to spend more than they normally would. So check out their rewards programs first before applying for any coupons!

3) Think outside the box when it comes to finding things that save money. For example, do you prefer free food over expensive meals out? Think about ways that all of your meals could be prepared at home instead of having someone else make them for you.

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
It's time to stop wasting money on unnecessary things.

If you're like most people, you probably have a budget for essentials like rent, food, and utilities. But there are so many things that are just "nice to haves."

I'm not saying that you shouldn't get those things. but rather that it's time to take a hard look at how much you're spending on them and decide if they're worth it.

Here are some ways to save money better than ever before:

1. Cut down on streaming services. Netflix and Hulu aren't free, and they require monthly subscriptions that can add up quickly. Try going old school with DVDs or Blu-rays instead! Or buy one-time rentals from Redbox or Amazon Prime Video if the content interests you enough to pay for it once. You may wind up spending less in the long run because of all of these options!

2. Shop for coupons more often than once per week/month/year. Just because a coupon says "buy three items" doesn't mean you have to buy all three at once! Instead of buying everything at once, consider buying one item each day until after your next paycheck arrives.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Saving money is very important we all just have to know this and find ways to Cut down on our bills and life general expenses.

The truth is that sn average person spends about $80 a week on different things. We just have to cut them down by half and to be able to do some saving per week.

A lot of people don't realize that spending all the time taks away a Chunk of money off them. You can't get back what you have spent.