Ways to prevent diabetes

Empress

Verified member
1. Drinking water as a primary beverage
Drinking water instead of taking other beverages can help in controlling insulin levels and blood sugar which reduces the risk of diabetes
2. Lose weight if obese
Carrying excess wight can increase the likelihood of having diabetes. By losing weight it can reduce the risk of developing diabetes
3. Avoid smoking
Smokers has an high risk of getting diabetes so quitting it can lead to a reduction of the risk of diabetes
4. Avoid sedentary behavior
like excessive seating has been shown to reduce the level of getting Diabetes
5. Consuming a high fiber diet
Eating a good fiber source in each meal can prevent spikes in insulin levels and blood sugar which may reduce the risk of having diabetes
6. Minimize the intake of consuming processed foods.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I think it is very important to know the root cause of diabetes. Once you know what the root cause, you will know how to prevent diabetes from occurring. Diabetes will happens to someone who have too much of sugar content in their bloodstream. You can engage in exercise to get rid of this sugar content in body system to prevent diabetes.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
the truth is that many people fail to realise that at a very young age there are so many lifestyles that they need to cut out in order to live a very healthy life at their old age. The day I realised is I started taking a lot of health related precautions in order to live a healthy life at old age.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Chibson I think youth exubrancy is the problem of most people when they are still younger age. You know there are so many things you can do at a younger age due to strong health. The effect of this bad lifestyle don't usually occur at the younger age. But they pile up and regenerate at the old age. It'll be too late to make any correction at that time.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
@Chibson I think youth exubrancy is the problem of most people when they are still younger age. You know there are so many things you can do at a younger age due to strong health. The effect of this bad lifestyle don't usually occur at the younger age. But they pile up and regenerate at the old age. It'll be too late to make any correction at that time.
That is definitely the truth. it is very important for someone to start at a very young age to maintain his health and well-being. There are people that started taking sugary things at a very young age and when they grow up it affects their health and causes diabetes. Some of these things can be controlled from younger age.

Barin

We can prevent diabetes by doing enough exercise and minimizing the amount of sugary foods we take in

Aceenmi

Thanks for the information it is really helpful i believe that by doing all what you mentioned we will be able to prevent diabetes

Drrooll

Diabetes is now a very common disease as people don't follow the precautions that is why it is a better idea to abide by the preventive measures

Acerrim

Diabetes can be prevented by Avoiding smoking and drinking, minimize sugary foods intake and also do exercise Regularly

Zina

We can prevent diabetes by doing exercises Regularly at least like 20 minutes everyday because exercise helps to reduce the risk of having certain diseases in the body

Rumaisa Adeel

Cut Sugar and Refined Carbs From Your Diet. ...
Work Out Regularly. ...
Drink Water as Your Primary Beverage. ...
Lose Weight If You're Overweight or Obese. ...
Quit Smoking. ...
Follow a Very-Low-Carb Diet. ...
Watch Portion Sizes. ...
Avoid Sedentary Behaviors

Kola

Verified member
To prevent diabetes one has to stop eating or consuming too much sugar.when you eat sugar the body tends to excrete and also have stomach pain.eating things like chocolate, biscuits, can make cause stomach pain.also try drinking a lot of water and eat good and healthy food.go for check up too

Xachima

Consuming garlic, Ginger, tumeric and clove is also a very good remedy for preventing diabetes because they reduce the risk of developing diseases in the body

Bashbash

If you want to minimise your diabeties you have to cut off your sugar intake by reducing the way you are eating too much of carbohydrate because you can get sugar from all the carbohydrates you are eating and sugar intake

Samrilm

It's depends on how the person take care of the health like you eating healthy foods and engaging in exercise will reduce the of developing diseases in the body