Ways to find extra cash during college

King bell

VIP Contributor
College can be an expensive time in life, and it is not uncommon for students to find themselves short on cash. Fortunately, there are a number of ways to make extra money while attending college. Here are some ideas that may help you get the funds you need:

1. Get a part-time job – Many colleges have on-campus jobs available for students who need extra income. These positions often offer flexible hours so they don’t interfere with classes or studying.

2. Become a tutor – If you excel in certain subjects, consider becoming a tutor for other students who may be struggling with the material. You can advertise your services online or through word of mouth and charge an hourly rate for your tutoring sessions.

3. Sell items online – Do you have clothes, books, electronics or other items that you no longer use? Consider selling them online through sites like eBay or Craigslist to make some quick cash!

4. Take surveys – There are many websites that offer paid surveys where users can earn money by answering questions about products and services they use every day. This is an easy way to make some extra money without having to leave your dorm room!

5. Participate in focus groups – Companies often pay participants to take part in focus groups where they provide feedback on new products and services being developed by the company before they hit the market . This is another great way to make some extra cash without too much effort

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There are so many ways a student can make money it is no longer the era where you would have to wait for your sponsors to bring money for everything you just have to source for money the little way you can .

Yes , one can become a tutor If you have the knowledge in certain subjects, you can consider teaching others for a fee. Just advertise your services to attract more people to you to teach them.

You can also Sell items online. This is a simple one of making money if you have items that you no longer use then consider selling them online for money.

SHAHID987

In my college life, I used to give home tuition, and this supported me too much. More I was involved in this academic way of earning more I was improving my knowledge. In short I was getting two advantages by giving home tuitions to students as I was earning some good money to meet my expenses as, to give college fee etc and second my knowledge was improving consciously, something which I had to learn from my college subjects I get it's basic knowledge from this home tuition.
One more thing which I used to do in my college life to earn some money was selling of rough pages, I used to purchase rough pages from whole sale market in very low price and sell them among my friends and family members as all of them needed rough pages.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
There are different ways to make money as a student and one of the ways I think is the best and not often discussed is, starting a scalable business, a business that serve the community where you live, so as a student I understand you have limited time and it is hard for you to find time to start a business, but that is what fat people say, they do not have time to go to gym that is why they are out of shape, you have to find time and write it down, pay close attention to people's needs and devise a way to tackle it.

You can start small, say an assignment service and start offering it individually, if the market likes what you are offering, they will patronize you and over time you will be on the roll and teach someone how to do it and you go from there

Kennysplash

Verified member
The nest way for a student to make money is by engaging in jobs that afford them time to focus on their studies as well. They should not take on jobs that will take up all their after school tine and make them tired and exhausted at the end of the day. That is why I always say that the best way is to engage in freelancing sites online. This way they will set the time that is convenient for them that they can spend online based on their school schedule. The sole purpose of coming to school is to do well and bag an academical degree, every other thing comes second.
But at the same time every student needs that extra money to take of their needs, so if they are to engage in a job it best be a freelancing one so that it does not interfere with their studies.