Video Making Skills: A Profitable Career

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
What do you think is the most profitable skill these days?

Well, in my opinion video making is the most profitable skill today.

If you can create video, edit video, or do video animation, you have a great chance of making money as a video maker and video editor. When you go to freelancing marketplaces like Fiverr, a lot of video maker are charging $20 per hour in average. Some are even asking $200 for a single task. If you get into video making, you can easily beat your competitor by working for less and delivering higher quality. Few good reviews are all you need to excel in freelance marketplace.

If you have video making and video editing skills, you can not only make money by offering your services, you can also earn by becoming a video content creator.

There are a lot of platforms where you can publish your videos and make money, for instance Youtube, Tiktok, Facebook and Instagram Reels.

Mika

VIP Contributor
When I decided to work online, the first thing that came to my mind was starting a youtube channel and making money from youtube. I did some research and found that gaming channels can be really profitable. Therefore, I started a game-related channel where I published game reviews and gameplay. However, even after 6 months of publishing videos regularly, and promoting videos on-site and off-site, I failed to pass the monetization threshold. I gave up YouTubing and started working on a blog. Currently, I am making money through my blog but b youtube channel is lying discarded. After two years of working online, I have identified the main reason why I did not succeed on youtube. I failed to monetize my channel because I was creating videos in a niche that I did not have much knowledge of (that's why my content was not very good). I would like to try my hands again, but this time with a niche that I am expert on.