General insurance Unauthorized purchase of insurance policy

niche

Verified member
An insurance company contacted me and told me that an insurance policy was purchased in my name. He also said that the person who had purchased the policy had not paid the policy premiums after the first premium. I had not purchased the insurance policy, which the insurance company claimed was purchased in my name and not authorized anyone to do so also. However, the insurance company claimed that my name, address and phone number was used. I have contacted the insurance company using email,asking for more information, they have not responded
What is the legal procedure for finding out the real name of the person who has purchased the insurance policy, motivation for purchasing the insurance policy using my address and phone number. Can I initiate legal action against the insurance company or the person who took the policy?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
Judging by the sound of this, If I should speak for myself, I think this sounds like scam. Using someone else’s information to purchase an insurance unauthorized. That is so not fair. This can be controlled by making sure not to share your personal information with people. Most especially with persons you don’t know

niche

Verified member
I hardly interact with anyone since my correspondence is stolen. My college classmates are holding senior positions in intelligence or security agencies have all my personal information as part of their job profile. These classmates hate me, and may have leaked the information to their friends, who are impersonating me to get lucrative assignments since 2010

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The fact is that there may not be any insurance company behind the curtain. Because I am so sure that no insurance company will be so stupid to be using his name with something of this high level of criminality. I only need to advice us that we need to more careful.

Good luck

Verified member
You can purchase an insurance plan on behalf of another person as long as it is an authorized one.it must be legal and must have a verify document.It is even advisable for one to buy an insurance policy for oneself not instead of asking someone to do it. The authentication really matters so as not to fall into the hands of scammers.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Hmm, I've never heard about that, which another user used his or her fellow's name and details to register for premium. That won't happen because insurance companies aren't operating unprofessional, they are professional business entity and every insured will follow due process to get registered via any premium policy plan.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you buy an insurance policy, whether for yourself or for your family, you will sign the agreement that clearly states that you will be also be paying the premiums for the entire term. If the insurance company tells you that someone has bought insurance in your name, tell them to ask for premiums with the person who bought the insurance policy. Since you have not signed the insurance documents, you are in no way responsible to pay the premiums. I smell rats here. Probably the insurance company or the insurance agent is trying to cheat on you by telling you that someone has boutht polict for you.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Peole needs to be careful while trying to invest on insurance policy. There are many fakes ones out there that are only after the insured person money. They always take the advantage of those gullible or people that are not that careful while doing online investment. That's why it is necessary to have brokers for putting through.