Two Investing Rules According to Warren Buffet

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I will try to study more about Warren Buffett. controlling one's emotion while investing is very important and that is one of the mistakes have been making. It is also very important to grab all opportunities. Because you are not interested in something shouldn't make you not to invest in it because it can become very profitable tomorrow.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I agree so much to what Warren Buffett has put in place. If you want to be a successful investor then you should always be in the lookout for a good entry and not just enter into a trade because you have money readily available.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Good advices I can say! We all need to control our emotions in everything we are involved in. Cos letting emotions controls us, may cost us so much. However, about grabbing all opportunities seems somehow, cos not all opportunities are worth grabbing. We need to analyze some opportunities to see how it's going to favour us.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You have a point but great man's thought is always a great though. Before he could say such thing, he worked hard to become successful, he tested his idea multiple times. Therefore, there is no issue in trusting those words because these words are time tested. Unless we have something better, we need to accept these remarks.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I cannot disagree with a great man's thoughts, but I have something to say about grab all the opportunities. A lot of us don't even realize the opportunity. A company releases primary shares, a lot of us cannot find out whether this is an opportunity or not. If you are new, you don't have that kind of confidence.
Hahahhahahahhaha, there is no need for you to say that you cannot disagree with a great man's thought. I do not really absorb information so easily just because the information is from a great man.. I have to analyse to find out if the information is something that can be applicable to my life ,then in a situation like this it is possible that I can take it but I do not agree blindly to what a great man is saying if it is not possible for me to apply it in my own daily life. That is just how I am seeing it.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I agree. The key to becoming successful is taking the right decision at the right time. When Jeff Bezos started Amazon selling old books, people laughed and said how can one sell books on the internet. However, soon Amazon started selling music CDs and other electronic items. Over the years the business grew and became one of the world's biggest companies. Bezos took the decision at the right moment. You also need a long-term plan to become successful. Zuckerberg was able to outperform my space and hi5 popular social networks back then through his marketing strategies. That's why facebook was successful.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I have heard Warren Buffet say that. Not everyone can be very successful. But sometimes the decision taken by entrepreneur can be right. For example, Musk co-created Paypal, he sold his stocks on invested else where. If he had stayed with paypal he wouldn't have been world's richest man.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Once warren Buffest said he has made a lot of investing mistakes and some of them are selling Disney shares early on and not investing on Amazon. Not everyone can be 100 percent right when it comes to investing, not even someone called Warren Buffet. You will have to see what works for you and what does not.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I will try to study more about Warren Buffett. controlling one's emotion while investing is very important and that is one of the mistakes have been making. It is also very important to grab all opportunities. Because you are not interested in something shouldn't make you not to invest in it because it can become very profitable tomorrow.
You should be free from emotion while investing. Free from emotion means you are not investing because you are emotionally connected with the company but investing because you understand the true potential of the company. You will have to check the market condition and also the company's economic profile before investing.

Jonaville

Nice words from Buffet but I'm not sure about the 'grab all opportunities' part. An investor need to sit down and do a thorough calculation of what he stands to gain from a particular investment opportunity. He should not just be jumping into anything he sees as an opportunity because it can potentially ruin years of hard work.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Warren Buffet needs no introduction. He is one of the greatest investors that the world has known. Ever since I knew about Warren Buffet, I have always been trying to learn from him.

Here, I am going to share 2 investing rules that made Warren Buffet a billionaire

• Control your emotions: We are humans and we are guided by emotions like fear, greed, frustrations, anger, etc. If you want to become successful, you need to control your emotions and channelize your emotions in a proper way. When you can control your emotion, you know when to buy and when to sell.
  • Grab all opportunities: In order to become a successful investor, you must have the ability to spot an opportunity and use that opportunity to your advantage. For example, you may not be really interested in the share market, however, if you look deep, there is a huge opportunity in the share market for investors. According to Warren Buffet, “Big opportunity in life has to be seized.”

mbig3773

Always buy the dip!!! There you go

fmwinneer

grab all opportunities ? no, grab only opportunities that you love to invest in , and especially those who you invested your time firts to learn about them

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This thread is about the words of Warren Buffet who is one of the richest men in the world. This is proof that experience is the best teacher and not failure (as I had seen in one thread). We are interested to read the opinion and advice of successful business persons and we do not care to listen to the people who failed in business. Am I correct on that?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I cannot disagree with a great man's thoughts, but I have something to say about grab all the opportunities. A lot of us don't even realize the opportunity. A company releases primary shares, a lot of us cannot find out whether this is an opportunity or not. If you are new, you don't have that kind of confidence.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Grabbing opportunities may no mean trying all things because practically it is impossible to pay hands on virtually on everything that one see online. But it may mean venturing into what is trending. Doing what you know most people are doing. For instance, crypto is trending. One can sieze the opportunity.

D

Deleted member 28127

It is hard to grab all opportunities for the simple reason: A person interested in dropshopping is not may interested to perform microjobs opportunities just because he has no previous knowledge about microjobs or the inverse. So earning opportunities are vast domains and for each opportunity there are earner. It is true that some opportunities have low revenues like faucets or PTC while many are focusing on them because work with 5 or 6 PTC or faucets alternativelly is tiring work.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I love the two quotes. Many would have been greater than him if they can take control of what he said. Most times, we allow out emotion to come into play whenever we want to invest. It is either we are scared of losing or we are greedy to acquire more hereby lose all what we have gained.