Business Ideas Turning room into a guest room

Jamoflondon

Verified member
Do you know you can easily make money with your room by renting it out to people and charging them money. I know this sound somehow awkward but it is actually not for everyone, this is specifically for people that has an extra room or the ones that doesn’t really use their room, probably they are usually not around. Instead of leaving the room and making the rent waste, you can use it for this business and earn some cash for yourself. All you need to do is to find a way to create an awareness for this job both offline and online and put out the address of where it is located so people can easily know where it is anytime they are in town.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
As lucrative as this may sound, there might be some heavy risks attached to it. I think if we want to engage in doing this kind of business, it should be a little big or wide like a small hotel business or guest inn business cos with that you would need security to do some checking but if you are randomly just renting rooms to people without due security check, some may bring in trouble.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I think one can even rent a house or even a room for this instead of using ones personal house for this kind of business. It is prone to inviting armed robbers to the house because many people may be patronizing the place and it may be difficult to know who is who.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I have a friend who lives with his partner in their 4-bedroom house. When his partner died, I advised him to rent out the spare rooms. He didn't agree because he said that it is not comfortable to live with strangers. That got me thinking. I think he has a point there maybe because he didn't need the money. But if he needs the rent then he would agree.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are a homeowner and if you have a spare room in your home, you can either rent the room and earn money from the tenants or allow paying guests to live in that room. There is a slight difference between paying a guest and a tenant. But both ways can be good to make money.

mbig3773

We get ideas by looking at decoration magazines. Watch Youtube channels too.