Trading of dried fish can be profitable

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Dried fish is not considered perishable because they can last for at least 6 months. The price of dried fish is high particularly in rural areas that are far from the coast especially those people living in the mountain range. Dried fish is their staple because it lasts long and does not need refrigeration. Dried fish is sold cheap in the coastal towns so the only capital is the transport which can be by your car or a rented pickup van. One advantage of trading in dried fish is that you do not need a license because you buy like an ordinary customer only.

Snazzy001

I feel that there are some businesses which we don't even need to ask if they are profitable or not .we know that we all need food and we eat three times daily averagely .fish has been one of the essentials in cooking .that makes the fish business a necessity kind of business .well for the dried fishes ,this business is almost always successful especially in rural areas

Janiya

I think only in some countries and in some areas it is not profitable but if I consider most of the countries of the world it is really profitable for all those who are fond of eating dried fish like if I talk about my country we are found of eating fish whatever it is a dry or wet we just need to eat the fish and complete the requirement of the body so it doesn't matter that what will be the cost and what will be the price of the dried fish we just need to eat this at anyhow but if you are talking about business related to starting business of dried fish so I don't know that from where you are in which country you live and why it is not profitable as compared to other countries because in my country is it is really profitable and everyone is buying at any condition so it depends on you and your country requirement that if it is not profitable stay away from starting because it may cost you lost profit.

Samuel72

Verified member
according to my own point of view every business can be successful it all depends on determination and hard work in the business and also your ideas in the business, opening a business in a standard form will make you more successful but opening a business in a small form my limit your customers this is because some people prefer going to a standard place to buy their items in order for them to get good and quality items

Planet408

Like you well said, dry fish business is a profitable business and one thing I like about it is that it is not a perishable good. Though it can perish if left unpreserved and if left for too many long time. One good thing about the business is that you are likely to complete your sales before the fish gets spoilt. It's a nice business but mostly for women.

Unique23

Dried fish is not considered perishable because they can last for at least 6 months. The price of dried fish is high particularly in rural areas that are far from the coast especially those people living in the mountain range. Dried fish is their staple because it lasts long and does not need refrigeration. Dried fish is sold cheap in the coastal towns so the only capital is the transport which can be by your car or a rented pickup van. One advantage of trading in dried fish is that you do not need a license because you buy like an ordinary customer only.
Many businesses are profitable and some businesses are not profitable. It is up to you that which business is best for you. If you want to start the business of dried fish than you should observe in surrounding that your business is profitable in this area then you can start your business.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Fish consumption is very high because it has little to no negative effect on human health. The business is very lucrative because of the fact that dried fish last longer and can be transported to far distance so if one is very strategic you can go to coastal areas to buy cheap and sell them at higher price in the urban areas of your country.

Chommyluv

Yes, trading dried fish is profitable more especially if you are buying from those that resides in the river lines, am fortunate to resides in Cross River State Nigeria, there is this village in Cross River that are well known for the abundance of different species of fishes namely shrimps, crayfish, dry and fresh fish and what have you. Many people travel from far and near to Oron in Cross River State just to buy different species of fish in bulk because it is gotten at a very cheap rate there.

Godslamp

Fish is one of the most luvrative agricultural produce that is widely consumed by wide raange of people. It has been proved that the best business to go into is a daily consumed common which fish is one of them. Dried fish is another way of processing fish. It is of a great advantage as it will increase the durability of the fish and give the owner enough time to sell it.