Top ways to find jobs

Augusta

VIP Contributor
When once we come of age and have what it takes we will be looking for jobs and not just anyhow jobs but very good ones. So I'm listing where you can really find good jobs

You can start with networking with people in good places of work or with your course mates at school. You get good jobs link from them

Then Job Boards and Career websites Websites. They do post very good jobs but be prepared for it

Orhers include through Referrals, job Fairs, Company Websites, Cold Calling, Head Hunters and Recruiters.

Even through Internships which. Is fast way of getting a permanent when once you were good during the Internship period then it wouldn't be difficult to convince the company to retain you..

How did you get your first job?

funmi

Verified member
Actually, I got my first job through a neighbour that I told about looking for a job. He asked me which type of job I would like to get. Then I told him about it. After some weeks he came back and told me that he has found a job for me in the sector which we discussed before. So that was how I got my first job.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Getting job is now easy compare to before. There are many platforms online that source job for people now. Uploading one's resume on website like LinkedIn may go a long way in finding the right job for us. Also, we are in the era of social media where we meet different people whom can help us source for jobs.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
As easy as it can be for us to get jobs on the internet, especially through social media, we should as well be careful which site or people we seek jobs from. In my country, many job seeker have entered into the den of kidnappers and sometimes thieves. Any job reward that seems too good to be true, should make us be wary.

Good luck

Verified member
You get your job through or based on a good recommendation from someone that really know you and what you are capable of doing.You can even send a good résumé to reputable company or organization that you think will require your services at a very good renumeration and you will be comfortable.Your skills that you acquire in school is also an additional advantage.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The topic of the first job is the most difficult for a new graduate. He has no work experience but just the diploma. When it comes to job availability his search is always low priority. Starting at entry level is easy when you have a recommendation by an influential person or organization otherwise it would not be easy to get a job.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
The first job I've been able to do was through my relative. He told me about a job vacancy in a school where I was qualified and would be able to fit into it. So I applied and began working there. Taking the example I brought you can get to know of jobs through relatives and persons you interact with.
Moreso, even these online jobs which am diligently working in now was introduced to me by a fellow worshipper in church. Socializing with people is a good way to build circle of persons that can help you move forward. That they say no man is an island was not a joke. You have to be able to make a circle of good close acquaintances that will help you when opportunities which you can grab come your way.

Moreso you can find jobs by searching and finding out in the net. You can stumble over an ad or some notice online which I'd you give heed to and try you will get employed. You can also get jobs by subscribing to sites that inform you about job opportunities that are available for you. Personally I have many sites that I have subscribed to that inform me of such through my mail box.

Dora Wi

My very first job I found by applying after seeing an advertisement. It was a while ago, though.
I think it is also worth updating your LinkedIn profile and setting it up in a way that gives recruiters/head hunters a good chance of finding you via searching for keywords.