Too much gadgets(laptops,phone) light can damage your eyes

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
We are all gadgets geeks this days, though we can't blame it on anything, this is the era which we have found ourselves. We can barely do without our phones, laptops, iPads etc... These have become the necessities of life, during this time.

Apparently, a lot of people do their jobs at the comfort of their homes because they run a home base business, through their laptops and smart phones, this puts their eyes health at stake.

Generally speaking, when we focus our eyes for a longer time on our system or phones our eyes may become strained, and they does tell the rest of the body that something is wrong, Especially, if we have dry eyes.

However, dry eyes are caused, when we subconsciously stop blinking our eyes while reading on our screens, and signaling may come from other part of our body that something is wrong like having headaches in the process.

So, it's advisable to always take breaks from our systems or phones to relieve our eyes from too much direct light that can damage or wreck our eyes.

I hope you do take breaks from your phone....your opinion!

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was writing movie scripts and stories I would be on my computer from late afternoon until midnight. The break is dinner and snack time. But the feelings in my eyes became dominant like I am always tired to read. That necessitated for me to quit working every hour to give my eyes a respite for at least 5 minutes. The glare of the screen is bad for the eyes.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There is an anatomical issue in this topic of sleeping. The best position to sleep in is on the left side. When I sleep on my right side my nose gets clogged and I would be breathing through my mouth. That would wake me up after sometime because my throat will be dry. That also happens if I sleep on my back.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
When I was writing movie scripts and stories I would be on my computer from late afternoon until midnight. The break is dinner and snack time. But the feelings in my eyes became dominant like I am always tired to read. That necessitated for me to quit working every hour to give my eyes a respite for at least 5 minutes. The glare of the screen is bad for the eyes.
People may be having myopic problems during their oldage and it's because of what they were exposing their eyes to.... Exposing our eyes to constant gadget light could hamper our eyes. Whenever we are using our phones or laptops to work and we are spending so much time with them, we should always try to take a break, for the safety our eyes.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
There is an anatomical issue in this topic of sleeping. The best position to sleep in is on the left side. When I sleep on my right side my nose gets clogged and I would be breathing through my mouth. That would wake me up after sometime because my throat will be dry. That also happens if I sleep on my back.
Though, this your comments is for another thread of mine, that talks about sleeping positions. However, I will make an attempt to respond back.

I think the best position to sleep is by sleeping on our back and using a moderate flat pillow. However, most people sleeps on several positions, ranging from sides sleep to stomach sleeping. But the best position still remains sleeping on your back.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Yes, many health articles have warned against gadgets and electronic light emissions. There is a remedy for it though, a customized spectacle has been recommended that neutralizes the effects of these lights. Most people sit behind the computer for up to 8 hours everyday, it's their work. So the best they can do is get the protection glases.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Yes, many health articles have warned against gadgets and electronic light emissions. There is a remedy for it though, a customized spectacle has been recommended that neutralizes the effects of these lights. Most people sit behind the computer for up to 8 hours everyday, it's their work. So the best they can do is get the protection glases.
You are not wrong though..... using eye effect correctional spectacle, could be the savior cos using this could reduce the amount of light going into the eyes. I think prevention is better than cure. We should abstain from using laptops and phones for a very long hours, without break. We should give stay away from our gadgets for 15minutes or more in between work.

Putta Vince

Yeah , I do take 15 minutes break after staring at computer or smartphone screen for 1 hour. I have had dry eyes many times where I find water coning out of my eyes continuously. I prefer using wet cloth to apply it on my eyes and avoid watching any screens that day.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This is what I have also been trying to do, in fact it is even the best that in every 10 minutes we look at the screen it is necessary for us to take a break for 5 seconds and look at a distance because this will help to relieve the stress from the eyes, then taking a general break is also necessary especially when we spend most of our time on phone.