Tips on How to Host Your First Website with Namecheap

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Go to Namechep and buy a hosting service. There are a lot of hosting packages, but I recommend you to choose a basic package because you are a newbie and the basic package is the cheapest hosting offer you can find in the market.

When you are buying hosting service, you will have two options, either to use your existing domain or buy a new one. Once you have chosen one the two options, your hosting purchase will be complete. You can pay via paypal, card, or crypto currency.

After your hosting purchase is complete you will receive email with your cpanel account details. You can then go to the cpanel dashboard.

Since you are a newbie, I suggest you to use wordpress. So to Softcolous section, choose wordpress and install wordpress on your domain. Provide details like site name, admin username, admin password, etc. Installation will be complete in less than a minute.

Your website is ready, you can now start publishing content.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I use Namecheap. Sign up process on Namecheap is easy and quick. If you have just about $30 to spare, you can set up your website in less than 30 minutes (time spent on hosting purchase as well as setting up wordpress). However, the second-year cost for your hosting service will be more than $33.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Thanks for this article. It is a must read for whoever that dreams of having websites in the future. The questions I would have loved to ask has been adressed by the first commentator who has made mentioned the fact that the subsequent subscription on this host is somehow expensive.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Yes, the renewal charges are high compared to the first time hosting But the renewal charges are still low compared to a lot of hosting services. For example you can buy basic hosting for $20 for the first year. You will be paying $33 in the second year. THis is very low price because you have an option to host upto 3 websites.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Agreed. The best thing about namecheap is that it will clearly tell you how much you are going to pay for renewal. A lot of hosting companies don't tell you that. They also have a good support system, you can upgrade and downgrade your service any time you want. They give up to 99.99 percent uptime.

AndyC

I like Namecheap a lot. I don’t have hosting with them but I have started to purchase domains through them.

MOSIUR

Those who would like to open a new website can follow this process. Actually, opening a website is not very hard but to bring traffic more and more and to use unique, educative and popular contents are a very difficult task, I think. Those are perfect here can run a website and earn successfully.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Yes, creating a website is not very hard but building traffic and generating revenue on your website is very difficult. If you have money, you can register a domain, buy hosting, and set up your website in less than 5 minutes, but it might take years to build traffic and revenue.