TikTok Earning Program: Is This the End of Youtube

Mika

VIP Contributor
For a long time Youtube has remained the ultimate platform for video creators to make money. However, the requirements for monetization still made small content creators difficult to make money. Then youtube rolled out short video feature called Youtube shorts, allowing the content creators to make money without passing monetization threshold.

TikTok is getting bigger day by day and earlier this year it even surpassed facebook revenue. However, until recently the platform was still difficult for video creators who want to monetize their videos. Now, you can earn on TikTok in multiple ways

Anyone who has 2k followers can live stream and receive gifts than can be converted to cash.

Anyone who has 10K followers can enable gift option for their new videos as well as old videos and earn gifts from other users.

Anyone from accepted countries earn from referral program

Anyone from accepted countries can receive earnings from Creators’ Fund.

The new earning methods are making TikTok better than Youtube.

Finger Geek

Verified member
Before people though tiktok users are making money from there account. But that was a lie as there was nothing like that. Now that they have brought up this and users can be able to monetize there tiktok account. I think they are trying to stay because I thought they will just come and go like other network like Snapchat. But this company are serious and they are ready to take over YouTube as YouTube is the most view video platform.

This rewarding system that they have introduced will help more and more people to join the platform. Before I don't really like tiktok because I only see it as a place to watch funny things. But now 8 am starting to like the platform and I am wishing to grow my followers and make money from the platform. But still they are lagging behind with the length of videos that can be posted.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You can make a lot of money using TikTok program but Tiktok itself is not a platform that offers a lot of money to content creator. If you use youtube, you make money from ads, this method can be used by anyone and as long as your videos pull traffic you can make money. Ad based monetization is not yet available on tiktok for all users. Tiktok has over 1 billion users, however, people do not go to tiktok to search for content, in other words, tiktok is not visited by people who are not users, on the other hand youtube is also a platform to search content, a lot of people use youtube to learn skill, build knowledge. Therefore, toktok will never surppass youtube and tiktok earning program will never end youtube. Despite facing a lot of competition with other video platforms like tiktok, facebook reels, instagram reels, youtube still has market dominance.