Crypto TIK TOK to halt any crypto related promotion

Josemendez

Verified member
Two years ago , most of the social media ; Facebook , Twitter stopped all forms of cryptocurrency promotion as they believe that it's has some risks attached to it.

The 2020 and 2021 bitcoin rally which saw many popular companies like Microstrategy and Grayscale key into bitcoin has changed the stand of these people against cryptocurrency.

Sadly , news gathered today from Bitcoinist shows that the popular social media, Tik Tok has updated their policy on branded content and the new policy has halted any form of cryptocurrency related promotion . This has made it impossible for crypto Influencers to use Tik Tok. The policy is also against Credits , loan , forex trading and other digital form of investment .

This will probably get many people to abondone tik Tok as people are now very much interested in cryptocurrency. What do you think about this new development ?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Only God can interfere in the war that bitcoins is facing recently. This will be a setback if social media is used to propagate negative sides of crypto at large. I am very sure the best will change when government introduces their own coins as they all planning to do. This is the conspiracy theory I have been writing about in all my comments.

Josemendez

Verified member
Only God can interfere in the war that bitcoins is facing recently. This will be a setback if social media is used to propagate negative sides of crypto at large. I am very sure the best will change when government introduces their own coins as they all planning to do. This is the conspiracy theory I have been writing about in all my comments.
First , God will not involve himself in dealings like cryptocurrency. What the crypto market needs now to recover is long term holdl and more investment .
Governments involvement in creation of coins won't mean so a good news for us because it will prompt them to force the new coins on the citizens.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't even make use of tik-tok, and i won't even be using it in the future cos of this kind of worrying decision it took to halt Cryptocurrency. When the world is growing around crypto, and some underdeveloped countries and developed countries are adopting it to help bolster their economy, is the time tik-tok will take it serious banning it. That will sure see their userbase go down, and in turn affecting their stock.

Josemendez

Verified member
I don't even make use of tik-tok, and i won't even be using it in the future cos of this kind of worrying decision it took to halt Cryptocurrency. When the world is growing around crypto, and some underdeveloped countries and developed countries are adopting it to help bolster their economy, is the time tik-tok will take it serious banning it. That will sure see their userbase go down, and in turn affecting their stock.
To an extent I think they made this decision first to attract more attention to themselves. Also , this will make cryptocurrency companies to come to them to discuss on the plans of lifting the bans , which will saw them make money from it. But am certain that the users will kick against the policy.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
To an extent I think they made this decision first to attract more attention to themselves. Also , this will make cryptocurrency companies to come to them to discuss on the plans of lifting the bans , which will saw them make money from it. But am certain that the users will kick against the policy.
That's what I've seen too, you've opened my eyes about it. The users won't let such happen cos they're dedicated to advertising Cryptocurrency there and their other business. So when their Cryptocurrency advertisement is ended for them, where do tik-tok want them to go?? That will be seeking elsewhere, if such decision can't be reversed by tik-tok owners.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think the social Media platform will be at lost because many of those people who are in their platforms are there because they really want to do promotion and then also paying reasonable amount of money to promote there are cryptocurrencies and other form of financial venture such as forex trading and the rest of them. The reason platforms like telegram is booming is because it allows cryptocurrency discussions

Josemendez

Verified member
That's what I've seen too, you've opened my eyes about it. The users won't let such happen cos they're dedicated to advertising Cryptocurrency there and their other business. So when their Cryptocurrency advertisement is ended for them, where do tik-tok want them to go?? That will be seeking elsewhere, if such decision can't be reversed by tik-tok owners.
While pondering on the whole issue , I discovered that the reason behind this sudden ban could be the fact that China has been cracking down on bitcoin mining , and being an app owned by a Chinese person , he has to do the needful before the app will get legal issues with the Chinese government.
But let's wait and see how Tik Tok users will react to this sudden development.
As for me , I have not used Tik Tok for once , I have nothing to lose .

sincerem

VIP Contributor
While pondering on the whole issue , I discovered that the reason behind this sudden ban could be the fact that China has been cracking down on bitcoin mining , and being an app owned by a Chinese person , he has to do the needful before the app will get legal issues with the Chinese government.
But let's wait and see how Tik Tok users will react to this sudden development.
As for me , I have not used Tik Tok for once , I have nothing to lose .
And tik-tok owner is from the Chinese country. That's why they've followed their country to feel disillusioned around Cryptocurrency. Their is no problem, since i don't use it, I have nothing to lose, they'll be the one to lose when they start seeing max exodus around their social media platform, that's when they'll realize they aren't Facebook nor Twitter.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The issue now is why do social media giants ban the crypto endorsement. I think the crypto users should spend time in thinking about the developments. By the way what happened to the crypto coin of Facebook that it was supposed to launch last year? Is there news about it? Libra coin it is if I remember correctly.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I did not know TikTok is stopping crypto currency promotion but I know a couple of years ago Facebook too was banning crypto currency related ads citing that these ads are misleading and scamming people. TikTok is a Chinese social media, therefore, it is easy to guess why TikTok is banning crypto currency ads (because China has banned cryptocurrencies)