Things you probably did not know about real estate investment.

Setho

VIP Contributor
There is no doubt that people have been hyping real estate as one of the best investment platforms in the world . This is even more evidence because there are a lot of billionaires who have made their money through various investment in different kind of real estate .

1 . It is not a get rich quick scheme . There are so many people that go with the mind of investing $100 and then making a million dollars within a few weeks and that is usually not the case . In fact the most important thing about the real estate industry is that it provides you a cover against inflation and not necessarily a way of building wealth .

2. It is expensive . Real estate is something that can build you a very big amount of income but then before you can stand a chance of swift success then you need to have injected some money into it as well .

3. It is not all about landed properties . A lot of people usually make the mistake that I need to buy a house or a piece of land before they are invested in real estate . You can also be able to consider other options like building materials or real estate registration .

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Yes I know real estate is not all about having a land property , there are various ways people can invest in real estate such as buying of houses and probably investing in apartment in good location for the main purpose of renting it out for other people to live in. It can also be acquiring of property such as company and anything that can really help you generate some extra money.

But so many people consider real estate investment to be the type of investment that involves buying of lands in good location and later sell it out for profit , well that's how I always considers it to be then until I read more on real estate on this platform and that has really helped to widen my knowledge on various ways people can invest in real estate.

I agree with you ,the only disadvantage of real estate investment is the fact that it requires a huge sum of money and people that have the needed capital are those with the ability to invest in real estate.
Things are even becoming more difficult here that people who are only capable of investing in the real estate are the government official based on the amount of money they have looted from us.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Real estate investment might not make you rich quickly, but it is surely a get-rich investment. If you check the property price in your area you will find out how much the market has grown in the past 5 or 10 years. For example, in my area, the price of property has surged by 100 percent in the last 5 years. If I had invested $100,000 five years ago, I would have made a $100,000 profit by now. The best thing about this investment is I did not even have to work day and night to earn this profit. It is true that you need a lot of money to invest in the real estate market, however, you should also be aware that every business needs a huge investment. Even when you are investing in the stock market you need a lot of money as a small investment will not give you much return. If you do not have a lot of money, you can invest in agricultural land which cost less than commercial land. You can also invest in the property in the rural areas instead of urban properties as rural properties cost less. Instead of the entire house, you can invest in flats.

Shigobad2020

To my own knowledge , having an estate of your own you are managing can be a get rich scheme because I have seen and witnessed the amount you can make in a year when renting out houses in an estate , i am living in a mini estate which boosts abiut 32 flats and 10 flats are yet to be completed and at least the cheapest flat is one hundred and fifty thousand naira per year while we also have a flats that cost four hundred and fifty thousand naira per year depending on your taste .

The owner of the estate is making millions of naira every year and he also have another estate else where , so to me its a get rich scheme if you have the money to invest hugely into the business .

The building of an estate cost huge amount of money and you need to buy at least 2 hectares of land .

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I understand that real estate investment is not a get-rich-quick scheme. Well if you are investing $100 in real estate you should not be expecting to make profit for a long time because $100 in real estate does not worth anything currently most especially now that inflation in most country has risen.

To expect shorter period of generating profit in real estate investment in real estate should be done with more than 5000 dollars and above. With that you can have a better chance of generating profit if you are investing in already made properties like house or lands.

It is a passive income generator. I've seen so many people that have invested thousands of Dollars to buy houses in a very nice location and rent out these buildings to people in exchange for monthly payments.

As long as those houses is within his control the profit will still be coming out on monthly basis.