Things to do in order to retain your job

Carpon

Valued Contributor
As an employee whether to a company, organisation or an online worker, there are some attitudes an disposition you must showcase and put out to help you retain your office and your job.

In this thread I will discuss a few of such required characters and disposition.

• Adherence to rules and regulations: there are websites that have rules guiding the conduct and activities of workers. One thing that is certain when you refuse to obey and adhere to such ethics is that you will end up loosing your post. Therefore workers need to adhere to rules.

• Full discharge of duties: As an employee, you were employed for the purpose of carrying out a particular function. Therefore, you must be able to fully and efficiently carry out such tasks in order to avoid getting replaced.

• Good character: as on online or offline worker, you must be able to relate with others respectfully. You are doing bad to your job if you fail to acknowledge this, and display bad character at work.

One thing that makes you liked wherever you work is being trustworthy. If there is full confidence that to you can be entrusted with money, goods, information or any task without issues, many employers would never want to lose you. Sadly, it's now a norm here that people want to make money through any means through any means.

Another thing that can help you retain your job is to offer them more of your skill. This means you go for trainings to keep up to date with the requirements of your job. Instead of hiring someone else, they may even offer you more pay,and if they don't, you can ask for it confidently.

It also helps to have excellent relations with others. This was one of my main challenges at my previous workplace. If you have any issues with someone, settle it between yourselves instead of bringing others into it. This will only complicate issues and lead more misunderstanding.

The best way to retain your best employees is to keep their skills and knowledge up-to-date. The most important thing you can do is to offer training courses that are relevant, interesting, and useful. Training can be informal or formal — it's up to you, as the manager. But make sure that every employee has access to high-quality training.

If your company doesn't have any formal training programs in place yet, start small and build on them over time. For example, if you have a system administrator who's been with the company for many years, you might want to create a "Changes Made by" list on her computer so she can see all the changes she made during that period of time. This way she'll know what's changed and why it's changed — this will help her stay current on new technologies as well as on any other aspects of her job that might be changing over time (such as information security policies).

Above all, Make sure that they're compensated fairly. This means paying them enough so that they don't feel like they're working for free, but not so much that they start looking elsewhere for opportunities.

I believe that the very easiest way to retain your job is when you make yourself hard to replace. If the organization you work for can easily find someone who can deliver at your level, they can easily dispose of you. I once worked in an organization where I was not a professional. They were calls that I should be replaced with a professional. All the professionals couldn't perform to match my level. I worked there and resigned by myself.

When you are so good at a thing, you become untouchable. Your employer would strive to keep you happy to retain your services. Some people set their salaries by themselves just because they are irreplaceable. I believe that is the most efficient way to retain your job. Even when you make mistakes, it would be waived off. Everyone should strive to be excellent at what they do. It would make people come back for you.

As a worker you must always try as much as possible to build value in yourself because it can make a business venture to see you as unsackable.

That is why it is important and necessary you acquire as much skills as possible in order to be very much valuable in a work environment and you can also use it to thrive even if you want to start your own business.

Good character is also another important thing you need to have if you want to remain in a working environment for a very long time. You also used to be very honest in your dealings as an employee.

As the economy this bad no one wants to lose their job they want to be in their job for a long time so it is good one do all that it takes to retain the job. So to remain in a job one must Adhere to the rules and regulations: one needs to follow the rules guiding the conduct and activities of jobs.

Another thing will be one to carry out their duties to the best of their abilities: Yeah all workers are employed for the purpose of carrying out a particular function. so to be retained you would need to work hard.

Retaining your job is not so hard if you choose to retain it. As a worker, you start the job knowing what is required of you and what would be wrong. So stick in your lane and watch yourself grow.

The most important thing is to respect your authorities in the workplace. Those above you have the authority to fire you if you are not respectful. If they cannot fire you, they will speak ill of you to the firing manager.

Then do your best to be productive and of high quality. That is what is needed in a workplace. Be the best and enjoy the benefits of longevity and promotions.