The unresolved issue of salary complaints in a sports league

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
There is this issue of low salary in the athletes of a mixed martial arts league called UFC (Ultimate Fighting Championship). It is the biggest league like the NBA in basketball. A personality who is an outsider in the league was pointing out the complaints of the fighter regarding salary.

The president of the UFC responded with a statement that if they complain of low salary then why not create their own league. In fairness to the UFC, their fighters are paid more than 3-fold of what the fighters get in other leagues - the basic purse of a fighter is $10,000 which is much higher than the $3,000 purse in other league. For an exciting bout the fighter earns a $50,000 bonus. Championship fighter receives at least $100,000. Sometimes complaints in business are rooted in envy or jealousy of outsiders.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well I'm always for complaint that are justifiable like when one is glaring being cheated by the employer or boss. Example someone in the same grade paying lower than others. But for flimsy excuses of envy or jealousy then it doesn't make sense to me. But people need to be paid their right dues

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I think the money paid to UFC fighters is good to some extent in the sense that they will be paid extra $50,000 for an exciting bout. UFC has lots of viewers around the world and I think the organizers make lots of money. If more people can come up with a better league with better offer, i think there will be an increment.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Well, to a normal person or a bystander, that's a huge amount of money. We will say they are not contented or that they are selfish lol. The issue is, when you assume some particular levels in life, your responsibilities go high, and you tend to want more, to be able to meet up with standards. Well, it's said already, maybe if they want higher pay, they should create their own league.

Setho

VIP Contributor
The issue of salary placement is actually a very complex situation and it is just unfortunate that they are in such a mix. A lot depends on how much the regulatory agency is making from things like sponsorships and tickets before they will be able to by the athletes their wages and salaries.