The unlimited salad bar to gain customer’s attention

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you are in the US you might have sampled the food of Wendy’s hamburger. Their best seller in the Philippines was the salad bar. Before the new millennium the salad bar of Wendy’s was unlimited. That means you pay for a bowl and it is up to you to get the salad from the bar. That promo of unlimited salad was a blockbuster not only to the vegans but also to the seniors.

Unfortunately the promo was abused that only 1 would pay for a salad and the companions would surreptitiously share in the salad. Okay, change the policy. The salad bar has a bigger plate (not bowl anymore) and the customer is allowed to get once only regardless of a mountain full on the plate. Oh well, that solved the problem of abuse but the salad bar was not as popular as before.

Businesses strive better when there is an additional incentive added to it, whether it is a promo with discount or an additional product. so I believe this is the scenario here too using the salad bar to get or lure more buyers to patronize their business. it’s a good business idea

Doing promos has the power to boost sales by bringing more customers to your shop step. Especially if you are selling something that people sought after. Before going into promotions your products must have been accepted to some certain level before going into promotions. A newbie product or services needs awareness first before promotions.

This salad type attraction for customers is common in restaurants of India. However when we used to eat outside, I never gave importance to salad, I used to have in limits only and only ate the salad that used to taste better or that helps to make food tastes better. But I never went to a bar for unlimited salad.

I don't know how this unlimited salad works because we never have had this kind of thing here in our town. When I was in college, I was so obsessed with healthy eating that every time I went to a restaurant, I only ate salads and soups. Sadly, there were not many options for salads and soups in the restaurants in my town.

I have actually seen a lot of people who have tried to emulate that marketing strategy before and many have been unsuccessful but then there's a particular one that I have seen that has been successful. In this one they try to create tea for people who are shopping in their complex and it was completely free of charge.