The issue of the expanded maternity leave

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is not only for the married women because in our country the single parent is already recognized – an unmarried person with a child who doesn’t have a partner. You may be surprised to learn that the woman employee who gives birth is granted a maternity leave of 105 calendar days for the recovery. It used to be 60 days of maternity leave but a few years ago the expanded maternity leave law made it 105 days which is about 1/3 of a year.

During the maternity leave period the woman will receive her full pay which is subsidized by the social security system to ease the burden of the employers. However, employers are still complaining that the 105 days of the woman is very long. I am also against that long maternity leave which is like taking advantage of the employer.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I don’t think it is a long time at all considering the fact is that a baby is involved. Some women give birth through CS so the body needs to heal and given a good time to come back to normal. I know those that would be complaining are the men but it is not fun to the nursing mothers

btaliat

VIP Contributor
They are even cheating on man with this policy. At least man as well should stay may be a month nurturing his wife and the new baby. Only God knows the reason why most of policies makers don't even consider the male counterpart when making laws. But I don't want to be pioneering it lest they tag me a chauvinist.

D

Deleted member 28127

This is main reason why employers doesn't accept married woman and accept single woman because a single woman doesn't have maternity or become pregnant however a married woman can become anytime pregnant and this will affect bad the company because during his absence may the company will not easy find a person how replace her add to that they pay her a salary during his absence this is most of thinking of employers nowadays.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This is main reason why employers doesn't accept married woman and accept single woman because a single woman doesn't have maternity or become pregnant however a married woman can become anytime pregnant and this will affect bad the company because during his absence may the company will not easy find a person how replace her add to that they pay her a salary during his absence this is most of thinking of employers nowadays.
Unfortunately for the conservative companies who avoid hiring married women now our culture had changed that it is common to know a woman called single parent. Whether the woman is married or not but gets pregnant then she is qualified to avail of the maternity leave when she gives birth to her child.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
In my country, they are planning of increasing the maternity leave to six months. May be they are considering the fact that normally there is need for a nursing mother to feed the baby with colostrum for at least six months before she will even be thinking of taking it to the day care.

Mika

VIP Contributor
In my home country, government agencies offer 12 days of maternity leave. In the private agency, it is 2 months. However, the small enterprises cannot afford to give paid maternity leave, so they give unpaid maternity leave of 30-45 days. I think employers shouldn't be too harsh on pregnant women or new mothers

Abigael

Valued Contributor
105 days is not much at all, it is just enough for the maternity leave. A woman needs enough rest after giving birth, especially those who give birth through CS. The child also needs enough time to be with the mother and develop secure attachments with her. It is this first attachment that will write the entire attachment system of this child for the rest of his/her life.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The long duration of the maternity leave is too much and it can affect business due to the vacuum left by the single mother working in the company. I believe over time most of day business owner will find a way to shield off single mother from the workplace. The banking sector is also doing the same thing in my country. You get pregnant you are out of the workplace.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I am for 4 months (120 days) of maternity leave, one month before the delivery of the child and three months after the delivery of the child. Everyone and every institutions should be grateful for women for their contribution to the human race. A child needs intensive care and the companies should respect that.