General insurance The importance of Security And Exchange Commission (SEC)

Phabbyfundz

The organization that oversees publicly held insurance companies, those companies make periodic financial disclosures to the Security And Exchange Commission (SEC) , including an annual financial statement and a quarterly financial statement. Companies must also disclose and material event and other information about the stock.
Securitization of insurance risks using the capital market to expand and diversify the assumption of insurance risks the issuance of bonds and notes to third party investors directly or indirectly by an insurance or reinsurance company or a pooling entity as a means of raising money to cover risks.
Segregated account is an investment account that insurers maintain separately from a general account to help manage the funds placed in variable insurance products such as variable annuities.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Security and exchange commissions is the body mostly in all counties that oversee the activites of any institution that has to do with finance. There is need to be this body in the country in order to know the level of solvency ratio of insurance company to protect the citizen from investing with them

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The security and exchange commission are the ones that monitors quoted and unquoted securities in the market to prevent fraud , they also play advisory role and issuance of security , the importance is diverse ,as they are actually doing more job on promoting too and performing other important function also

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I really do not know about this until I found out about it in your write up because all these seems like it doesn’t exist in insurance. Well I could say it sounds that way for people like us because we don’t really know much about it. I think this is where the agent’s advice comes in