The Benefits of Mentorship for Career Growth

Leah Kelvin

Mentoring is very crucial in career growth and development. Some of the major advantages of mentoring include:

1. Guiding and supporting: Throughout your career journey, a mentor can give you much needed guidance and support. They will share their experience with you to help you through all difficulties encountered, make right decisions and avoid mistakes that are made by others. A mentor can therefore serve as a trusted advisor who can give good advice.

2. Access to networking opportunities: Mentors normally have wide connections hence they can introduce you to new links and occasions. They link you with people doing same or related job like yours, contribute towards opening up collaboration avenues, make it possible for one to enlarge ones contact base within professional life among several other things that are part of networking in a profession. In this regard, a mentor proves invaluable.

3. Skill enhancement: Assist in identifying your strengths and weaknesses towards skill acquisition is done by your mentor. You will come to know which specific skills should be developed for work you are interested in after consulting such individual mentors regarding this matter. These may range from technical acumen to leadership skills or communication techniques; the point is that an expert will provide the best tips for sharpening your professional qualities on an individual basis.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
A good mentor is worth Gold, if you have a mentor with a verifiable track record then you're on your way of being an expert too, you can benefit a lot from them, it is sort of an apprentice system and most mentors will try to help you even move above them if they like you.

To get a mentor you should be able to learn how to scan because there's a lot of bluff online people are not what they seem to be, after vetting them you can then start contacting them, a good medium to do is for free is LinkedIn

Etini

Valued Contributor
One of the things that has helped me navigate the business world is the fact that I have uncommon mentors. The problem with young entrepreneurs.is pride. We don't want to stay under the tutelage of those that have known more than us for a long time.

Till today, I still go to my mentor's farm to help out with some things even when I have my own and it has grown. Do you know what I have gained in return? Continuous support. My mentor would send customers to buy from me because he has operated far longer than me in the industry. Experience is the best teacher ans one can leverage the experience of an uncommon mentor to advance his or her own business.