Taking out a funeral plan

Sprite1950

My mother took out a funeral plan so that when she died it would make it easier for my sister and I to arrange her funeral and so we wouldn't have to struggle with paying for it as it is very expensive. I decided I would do the same thing for my children and I paid for it in installments over 5 years'

The good thing about it is it freezes the cost at the time you take it out. Every year funeral costs rise sharply so I definitely made a saving and I have peace of mind knowing my children will not have to worry.

Would you consider paying for your funeral this way?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
The funeral plan is called memorial plan here. We have bought our own, for my wife and myself. We also bought for my wife’s mother and it was used when she died late last year. A memorial plan is good because there was no more stress with the expenses. We just spent so little for the add on in the funeral and it really didn't matter much.

Samuel72

Verified member
Over here in my country some people see it is bad for you to be alive and planning for your funeral, in some cultures it is forbidden, what you have to do is to budget some money aside tell your children to use that for your funeral you don't have to go into details or how to buy things for your funeral.