Stocking Up Petrol To Sell It At A Higher Price: Is It A Good Business?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I live in a country where there are not many petrol and oil reserves. This is because oil and petrol is not naturally found in my country and the case of petrol is quite serious where I live. Right now, my country is one of those countries where petrol prices have surged a lot and it has been anticipated that the prices will surge even more. Some people even claim that petrol will become scarce in my country because my country mostly imports petrol from oil-rich countries such as Iran and Saudi Arabia. In such kind of situation, do you think that it would be a wise decision to stock up petrol and sell at a profit? On the other hand, do you think that it is an ethical business to stock up petrol and sell petrol at a higher price when the prices rise due to scarcity of petrol? Please advise me.

As for me I will say that its not a good business because its an illegal business which government of the country always Fran eye on because they see any body that is doing that as an enemy of the country and the government.
Apart from from being an illegal business; its highly risky and dangerous because at any time it can catch up fire which can damage many property.
I will suggest that one should stay away from such a business because it can ruin some one carrier at any point into time.
Also no one can really predict the price may be it will rise or fall at any point in times.

I think it is a good business idea to stock up petrol and stock it until the price goes up and sell when the price is very high. In my home country, the petrol prices have gone up three times in the last 6 months. If someone had stocked up 100 liters of petrol 6 months ago in my home country, he would have easily earned $6 profits. Well, this is not a big profit, but you need to remember that this is the easiest way to make money from petrol as it is being popularly called petrodollar these days.