Steps On Creating Content That Ranks Consistently Part 2

So let's get started.

Before you start writing any article, or assigning a content writer to a keyword, make sure you have a content outline ready

• How To Start A Content Outline
So First what is a content outline, according to Dr jigsaw this is a brief doc that will contain am outline of what a given article should be about.

This helps the writer keep track of every single step they have to take for the article to they are writing to rank.

What should be contained on the Content Outline:
  1. Target Keyword: Time to Drop keyword stuffing, the target keyword is the word you want to rank for, this should be around 0.5 word count. Google doesn't look at keyword density like they use to.
  2. Secondary keywords: So what's a secondary keyword. Okay take for instance your primary keyword is "how to rank on Google" your secondary keyword should be "As a beginner " Either that or any other keyword. It's a good thing to sprinkle this around the article, just once or twice on a paragraph if necessary.
  3. Your Target Article Count: Most of us think the bigger the number of words the better, but it's not always true, But you have to try to stay in the same range as the ranking article, bigger doesn't always been better. Engaging if the article is about something very simple as "How to tie your shoe lace" it's okay for it to be about 300 or 500 word count.
That's the first for the content outline.
So I realised this post is short informed
@Mika added a tip on this and also @kayode10
Saying it wasn't really complete which is true
So I decided to Add a few more tips on how to rank consistently on Google.

1. Creating A Compelling Headline:
Let's do a comparison between this two headlines

• What is the best VPN.
  • What is the best VPN in 2021 | Expert Options
(Never let this be a clickbait therefore make sure you find those expert opinion if implied)

So which one would you click on. Well my best pick would be the second headline.

Creating Compelling Headlines will help you drive clicks into your website, Even if you manage to rank on Google and your tittle isn't Compelling enough you won't get traffic.

So to create a Compelling Headline I would recommend the following:

1. keyword: well this should be easy, we all know our primary keyword should be added to the title otherwise why the searcher even bother to click it.

Numbers
  • Top 20 Tips On How To Do { Target}
  • 101+ Entrepreneur Tips To Get Things Started.
  • How To Make Outstanding Resume {20 Real Life Examples}
Results: The results of the keyword, like what will be their end result if they carry out what you teach them
  • How To Write A Job Application { To Get Hired }
  • How To Write Compelling Sales Copy & Generate x2 Sales.
Year: As we all know information for some niches change as the year or month goes by so for those niches timeline matters.
E.g
  • +67 SEO Hacks { 2021 Google Update Solved }
  • +99 Business process management Tools For 2021

2. Make Sure Your SEO Is On Point (Not Just For Your Content)

your content alone won't get you ranked if your article seo is not on point, here are things you need to consider.
  • Content Volume For A Particular Topic: yeap the title already explained it, if you have just 10 articles for Seo you probably won't rank, Google considers authority, so if you have like 30 articles written just for seo, you have a better chance of ranking.
  • Backlink profile: pretty simple how many backlinks do you have, if your competitor has more than you, maybe you won't rank for that specific keyword.
  • Technical SEO: Crawl depth, website speed, user friendly (mobile friendly) and all that good stuff.

3. Interlink Your Content (Just The Related Ones)
Am Sure a good number of people already know these, you have yo have sure all your content, (well not all maybe just 3 or 5 ) that is related to the particular article you are writing are interlinked.

Here are ways interlinking helps your SEO:
  1. it helps your readers find more of your awesome content, making sure they stay on your blog for as long as possible.
  2. And Helps Google web crawlers understand content that are related to each other for ranking.
Well That's All I've Got.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
The most important thing is you need to do is work on your both on page optimisation and off page optimisation. Make use of the backlink strategies that will not attract Google penalty to your website. Then you need to post consistently in order to get some of your post index fast on Google search engine.

D

Deleted member 13140

The most important thing is you need to do is work on your both on page optimisation and off page optimisation. Make use of the backlink strategies that will not attract Google penalty to your website. Then you need to post consistently in order to get some of your post index fast on Google search engine.
Yes, I really have a lot to learn concerning backlinks. Especially ones that Google won't find fault on.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The general rule of online writing is "do not write for search engines, instead, write for the humans". Interestingly, it is also true that if the search engines do not like your content, humans will never find your content even if your content is of high quality. The point is you need to woo search engines, as well as humans.

D

Deleted member 13140

The general rule of online writing is "do not write for search engines, instead, write for the humans". Interestingly, it is also true that if the search engines do not like your content, humans will never find your content even if your content is of high quality. The point is you need to woo search engines, as well as humans.
Well that is an awesome point you just created.
You have to woo search engines. Nice

foster04

Thanks for this article, SEO is important if anyone wants to succeed as a blogger

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
You are trying to give tips on SEO and the funny thing is you don't know exactly how SEO is done. You talk about creating a compelling headline, yet you have not created a good headline. A good title does not use "part one" or "part two." A good title uses wh questions.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Search engine optimisation strategy keep involving by the days due to constant algorithm update my Google. There are no plugins that can help you to do most of those things you mentioned in your blog post. For instance there is a plug-in extension which make it pretty much easier for you to insert table content into your blog post.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
This is a really nice article. However, when trying to ensure our website is ranked high on search engine optimization, we need to make sure that we mind the key search word that we want to be using. We should not be using topics that are too long, this won't help the matter.

AfriPeeps Official

This is a very useful article or should I say write up, I really appreciate you for your effort and time in posting tyghis article. Out of the points you mentioned, the one I like most in your content is the part where you mentioned key word research. This is very important if you really want ti make it big online

kayode10

VIP Contributor
I think everything begins with keyboard research. You need to look out for keywords that are less competitive or under-served. You write quality contents on these keywords and publish them on your website. you can make use of all the suggestion to come up with some headlines for your content. if you do this you were at higher in search engine and receive free organic traffic constantly