Starting up Detergent production business

Emmaz

I learnt this skill when I was still in college, there was this NGO that visited our with the task of impacting one skill or another on the students, so I took interest in detergent production because I have come to understand that it's a commodity in the market and virtually all families makes use of detergents on daily basis. There is not a day that people don't wash cars, clean their homes and do their laundry, so the demand for detergents is always on the increase.

There are even liquid detergents now which is used for washing plates, although I didn't learn how to make liquid detergents but it's something that I can easily learn on the job should I have huge demands for it. Any other person can follow me in this footsteps and start up a detergent business because I'm sure it pays well.

jaymish2

An NGO in my country also teaches this skill to women,especially those with small businesses. In my opinion this is a good business if you already have a list of clients that you already do business with. This is good as a supplementary income, because people only need so much soap. There is only so much soap you can make. The income you make is unsustainable considering the price you sell it at. You need to make many many sales to be able to make a detergent production business. Remember you will need raw material so your profit margin will be small.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
Starting on this kind of business is not that hard, you will need up to 10,000 for the start, because you will buy all the chemicals needed for the mixture in order to have a good detergent, you also need to buy rubbers in order pour the detergent inside after mixture, My sister used 10,000 to start up her own,the amount was enough for the start.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A cousin who works in the biggest manufacturing company of soap and detergent said that making soap is easy. We can learn that in a workshop. But selling the product is a different thing. You need a big capital to promote the product. Of course, you can sell the detergent to your relatives and neighbors but that would be the limitation. Other people will not buy simply because your brand is not known.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I know a lot of people that have this skill and are making a lot of money from them but the issue here is that depending on your location there are some people that need quantity over quality and there are some people that need quality over quantity so you need to make sure that both of them are available to whoever that demands any of them.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Detergent production business is a very lucrative business if you have learnt the right skills. I have a friend who learnt the skill some time ago and now he is fully into entrepreneurship and of course he is making decent amount of money. Detergent is very important in our daily lives and people cannot do without it so it is a very lucrative skill to learn.

Samuel72

Verified member
I like you I made liquid detergent,hand wash and antiseptic this business helped me a lot in raising funds for my school, I had few persons I supplied to this help me finish my products few days after production I had to stop to concentrate on my schooling. It is really a good way of making money because everyone uses cleaning agents at home and also in offices.

Mellorando

Banned
Detergent production business is an excellent one but sometimes could be capital and labour intensive in nature but if you want to produce it locally at home then capital required is relatively lowin the sense that you will have to do the delivery work yourself you will have to deliver a product to your customers yourself and this could take a lot of time and energy