Starting and managing agricultural business.

Ephy

Agriculture this is the production of farm products and rearing of farm animals. Agriculture involves planting, watering, cleaning or weeding and harvesting. These processes start by planting in the farm for example planting of maize or flowers.

After the planting you have to make sure that you have used fertilisers to plants so that to control pests from destroying the plants for better harvest. Make sure you water or irrigate the farm if there's no rains. After sometime make sure weeding is done to remove all unwanted plants.

The process continues until time to harvest reaches you harvest your products then store them and look for available markets for your goods. Then sell your products to different companies like industries for manufacturing or even sell you farm products direct to consumers. This business is very profitable but only if you are patient enough to way from the time of planting to the time of harvest. Then you can either sell your products and also use for your personal consumption.

Seyesystem

Agriculture business is one of the lucrative business that people to take serious when you know the right niche in agriculture that you can do which will be profitable. In every part of the world agriculture is summer stressful if you don't have they require equipment in carrying out the type of agri products that you want to do but if you have enough capital to go into agriculture you will never regret it because is it is profitable.agriculture business is one of the most flourishing business in every part of the world. With proper strategic planning, any individual having basic knowledge of farming and manufacturing operation can start a profitable agriculture business.You don’t need a huge capital or farmland to get into the agriculture business. If you have a little piece of land in your backyard, you can still plant some crops in small or vertical containers to get the most out of your space. These are some agriculture business I can recommend for you: Poultry Farming,Cassava Farming and Rice Farming.

Dekadet

I love Agriculture and I must admit I have little knowledge about it, but it is easier to write the process of crop production on paper than to actually practicalize it. What I am trying to say is that agriculture is no child's play, cost of production is much except you are producing just for you and immediate family.

I had a friend who started to produce five hectares of maize, after spending much on labour( herbicide application, land preparation, planting, fertilizer application etc) the farm was still infested by straiga weed which adversely affected crop yield. At the end of harvest he didn't really make much as to what was expected.

Same thing goes when one is into poultry or fish production, cost of feed, disease out brake, cost of drugs. Or maybe as a professional in the field you could share with us ways to curb all these things I stated here that affect output.

Olajidey

If you want to be a successful farmer you have to consider some factors like
accessibility: is the farm accessible either poultry farm or crop farming
Capital: faring is not a poor man business it requires a good amount of money if you are farming commercially, because you will need to spray agrocide on a timely basis, you will need fertilizer as at when due, you also need services of some labour to carry out small task n the farm e.t.c
Fertile soil; crop farming needs fertile soil because a farmer expecting optimum output needs to get a fertile soil to cultivate on

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Some people rush into farming be the lucrativity and forget to put into cognizant the stress and the management of the business. Agriculture is divided into many sectors which all require some special training or education maybe from agriculture extension before we start involving in it.
Fsrmers or intending farmers must first study which parts and sectors of agriculture best fit him or her, while some may go for fishing, other may go fr livestock management. The very best thing is to learn how to manage and make sure there is proper orientations concerning the ones that we choose.

Maks25

Obviously, in Nigeria today, agriculture is the next area where you can make more than enough money for investment and wealth directly at the backyard of your office.
Ogun state is really the backyard of Lagos state. Therefore, in Ogun state presently, you can get more than enough LAND to buy for farming at N250,0000/Acre or for building Houses, Hotels, Estates, e.t.c. at N500,000/Acre.
Farming which is the most essential part or aspect of agriculture will be advisably and encourageably talked about, because without farming, there must be a famine.

Ummigal

Venturing into agriculture today especially agribusiness requires skill and training before you would be highly successful. One thing I know about agriculture is that you have to dedicate your time. Attention, resources and strategies. I am going into farming a few years from now but I am reading and studying aspects of agriculture as if it were a compulsory course in the university. And also, no body can make it out there alone, alliances and partnerships must be formed. Partner with other seasoned and experience farmers and agro-allied industries. Believe me, your progress will be very swift.

IamDozzy

In a few years to come, agro business is going to be one of the money bringing ventures in Nigeria. The Nigerian government is doing all they can to encourage people to practice agriculture. They are providing grants for young farmers, training potential farmers on the requisite skills needed for agriculture and providing the needed land, equipment and start up capital intending farmers would need. Last year, one of the governor's in Northern Nigeria signed a deal with a German agricultural company to come and train intending farmers on modern agricultural practices in order to achieve world class farm practices when they start farming. Plans are already in place for export of farm produce once harvested. Agricultural businesses is really going to be a money spinner I'm Nigeria.