Starting A Tortilla/Roti Shop

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Tortilla or roti is a commonly baked item in many south Asian countries like Pakistan and India. It is also prepared by many people in the American countries such as Mexico. It is available in many different forms across different cultures and countries. In the meddle-east and Arabic speaking countries it is available in the form of Khubz or pita bread. Many people in Pakistan prepare rotis at their home. However, there are many people who have have roti shops in my city and now they are earning a good amount of money. Roti shops are quite common in my city and this kind of business is quite old. It requires some investemnet and you would need to rent a shop and invest in flour. You may also need to hire professional roti makers. Do you think it might be a good business in your city?

Tortillas business is going to drive in a place where you have a lot of young school leavers and children. These Are The People who patronize tortillas shops more than any people. It will also be very good if you can set up ice cream stand along with the tortillas you want to be selling.

I don't think a tortilla shop can sell in the street because the customers of tortilla and that foreign food roti are for the higher class that you will find in the mall. There is where the Belgian waffle and Jamaican snack items are sold. Unfortunately the mall is closed and if ever only a few shops are open and only few customers are allowed.

You can simply create a marketing strategy to reach out to the people on the street even if your shop is at the corner. If you open a tortilla shop, and no one come in to buy from, you will be out of business in no time. Go out and reach out to your customers.