Starting a Repacking Business

Caramelle

A repacking business is one of the simple business ideas that you can start on a small capital and at the comfort of home. Repacking means buying items in bulk or in large economical packages and selling them in small packets.

Retail customers usually prefer to buy certain products in smaller and more affordable packaging because they require less storage space, are handy, and are helpful in avoiding spoilage or expiration that often happens due to excessive quantities bought. You can take advantage of this need by launching your own repacking business.

Products that lend well to repacking are grains, peas, peanuts, pepper, garlic, and dried foods. An existing tool like a simple stapler can be used to pack these items into smaller, individual packs. You may upgrade later by buying your own sealing machine. Subject to food safety and regulations, snacks like fish or seafood-based crackers as well as cooking oil and similar cooking ingredients can be purchased in large containers and repacked into smaller ones.

If you have a bigger capital, you can purchase a repacking machine that can accurately and hygienically repack items for you. There are many potentials for this type of business. Hotels and resorts usually need items like shampoo, soap, coffee, sugar, and creamer as part of their service offerings. Supermarkets and grocery stores offer repacked items in simple packaging.

Finding a reliable and reputable supplier is one of the keys to the success of this business idea.​

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I have seen many people engaging in this type of business especially those that sell groundnut and some other little items. I don't see this as a way of making big company but a way of just passing time with selling of thingsm I do wonder how much gain will some make on groundnut.?

I do see some people as well that will buy confectioneries in bulk with a discount and sell them at profitable price. The only thing I need to say about this is that, it is better than not selling anything but it is not really done with the aim of making huge profit.