Starting A General Store (Grocery Shop) In Your Country: How Much Investment Is Needed?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Groceries are really important for all of us and I have noticed that there is hardly any grocery store that does not run well. This is because all of us are in need of some kind of grocery all the time because they are the basic need of every person. Starting a grocery store is one of the most lucrative business if you have a shop in the main market where many people have residence. I do not advise anyone to open a grocery store in a commercial are due to the fact that people living in residential areas are the one who generally need groceries. I am talking about general stores in Pakistan. This is how it works in my country but the story might be different in your country. So, if you were to start a general store (grocery shop), how much you would have invested?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The location will determine how much I will invest on grocery store. I need to study the people in the location first to find out if they demand too much for household items that are sold in grocery. Personally, I don't really visit grocery but supermarket for household and foodstuff items. So the market and location will determine my investment.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
With my country and precisely my location it depends on the length you want to set up your.grocery store. If you want a small store with varieties of product then you might need about $500 this is a road side stuff but for a big one with rent inclusive. You should think of $3k or more. But one can start small before expanding.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Grocery store is not a bad business..... Infact, it's a good one to really make money from. But in my country, there are so many grocery stores. Its like a common business in my country.
But what matters most is the location of where you want to situate the grocery store, if not, you may have enough competitions to deal with or not many patronizers.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't have clear idea how much is needed to run such kind of business since I'm not experienced around it. But as a starter who is looking to get into it, you shouldn't aim to start big when you have reduced income, you can start from mining way and gradually grow it the best possible way in the future. With minimum capital if $1000 can start it for you in a developed settlement.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I think the exact amount of money that you're going to need to open a grocery store depends on how large you want it to be I think you should focus your mind on things like the location of the business and how to get customers

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
A general grocery store has almost all the household products because the target customer is the buyer of personal and household products. For a start you will need a huge capital for the stocks that is aside from the business place that you have to rent if you do not own it. The operation is not simple that you may need to undergo a hands-on training.