Starting A Cow Farming Business

Olajidey

Cattle farming involves the rearing of the cow for commercial purposes. It is a profitable business that can make you a lot of unlimited money if done right. Cattle is a general term for Bovine spp while the male is called bull, the female is called a cow.
Steps to start a cattle business
Make a Plan

You have to decide the number of cattle to raise and amount of capital you have and how to source for feed
Secure a good location
This is very important for the raising of cattle, you have to make sure you are not far from the town because you might get a buyer and you have to make sure the place is conducive and can accommodate the activities of the cattle.
Housing
You also need to fence the area so to prevent the cow from predators and house them because of harsh weather condition
Choose Breed
It is very important to choose a very good hybrid figure, it is even advisable you seek advice on which breed to go for from someone who is already in the business.

Lekhraj19

Verified member
This is also a good business to start if you have an idea and you love to work with animals. Here, to earn with this you need to work on the setup and links because in the offline thing, you can't put banners on the roads that you have started a farm where you can earn dairy products, I guess. You might do this but in India, I never find such a thing in my life with someone who has a business of the farm. The way of advertising here is through the social links and the reputation you can make around your society. And, when people of your colony are interested in your farm, they will definitely tell others to take the service outside the colony.

Kennysplash

Verified member
Cattle rearing business is definitely not an easy one to start. If you are not well conversant with it you might not make enough profit because you don't know how it works. it also requires a huge capital to start or at least if you don't have fish capital then you have to wait for years before you can start realizing profit. A cow gives birth once a year and most time it is just one calf. Now if you start with just little it will require a lot of patience before you can sell and make profit. Also you can not practice this business in an urban areas, it has to be rural. So think it through before you venture into it.