Starting a Business with less than NGN 30000.

springtech

Starting up a business can be very difficult sometimes because of the availability of funds to start up, choosing a suitable location for the business and most importantly, developing a good business plan.
It is easy for most of us to accumulate 30,000 and spend it on things that does not yield income ignoring the fact that we can actually start up a business with such amount. I have taken time out to list the businesses I think anyone can start with little amount of money. These businesses are;

1. The sales of perfumes
2. The sales of drinks
3. The sales of food.

Please share your thoughts and opinions on the business anyone can start and be happy with at long run, having such a small fund, 30000.
There are so many other businesses one can start with taht amount. Though that amount is a little bit little but it is better than nothing
1. Mini importation
2. Fruits sales
3. Fresh Juice sales
4. Tiger nut juice
5. Books sales
6. Digital Ads agency
And many others

eojo2401

With thirty thousands naira, one can start a soft drinks selling business. Just get yourself a good location where there will be traffic of people as noon when the weather is hot. Make sure your drinks are chilled. You will be surprised to see people asking for more. At times goes on you can add the sales of snacks to it.

Godsplan

30,000 naira is about $65
Thanks a lot for support friend, and considering $65 as a capital for starting a business it's not bad. I suggest this capital can be used for local foodstuff retailing business. Maybe the food he might consider will be dependant on the area he is and also he had to study the product price in the past seasons, buy it when it's time for harvesting that product and sell it when the price is increased by some percentage.

Lyrrex

I'm not familiar with the Currency value although so I can't talk much about which businesses it should be used for or not. But sometimes business is not always about capital in general, some times you look at some small problems or items that your neighbors lack and try to open a retail for such products and with this you make a lot of profit before competition sets in.

30,000 naira is about $65

Teatea

#30000 is quite small in this present economy but a very good way to start a business from scratch. It may look difficult or less since the profit may be small but still better than spending it lavishly.
Buying and selling of clothes or bags is also feasible, you buy clothes in bulk and resell, this is a good business especially if you are close to a student location or market.

Hena101

Starting a business with small capital is very difficult and risky because anything can happened that will lead the business to be closed. But there are many businesses you can start with less than #30000 here in Nigeria is just that you can not make profit as you want, plan or see other people making because the amount you started with is not enough to give you much profit as you want.

IamDozzy

There are many business one can start with NGN30000, the only thing is that the person has to be focused in order to grow the business from a NGN 30000 business to say a NGN200000 business. It is very possible to do that and it doesn't matter how much you used to start the business. I know of a guy that started selling power banks with only NGN25000 but as at today he has diversified into other things just from that power bank business.

Khezo

All is a good business is you've mentioned I do believe selling drinks all the perfumes are good for under 30000 naira but there are other businesses to engage in with money less than 30 thousand naira this help online businesses that I know make the profit all you need to do a study and read about this business is online example is domain flipping it's a very good business you could read about

Georgeadawara

They are alot of business that you can start with less than 30000 thousand naira as of me the first business that I start was with a money less than 30k but now am in business with a very large capital that the one that is helping me in my mouth can and also a. Using it to help my family and friends that are in need of help . I can remember with a friend that comes to me with more than 50k but he was not able to do anything with it because he lack focus and a goal.

Georgeadawara

They are alot of business that you can start with less than 30000 thousand naira as of me the first business that I start was with a money less than 30k but now am in business with a very large capital that the one that is helping me in my education and also a. Using it to help my family and friends that are in need of help . I can remember with a friend that comes to me with more than 50k but he was not able to do anything with it because he lack focus and a goal.

Olajidey

Actually, money is not the only most important factor for a successful business never the less you need money to start a business unless if you are asking for home business suggestion because this money is not enough to even rent a chop in a commercial area even residential is but if it home business you can start petty trade.

Haypril

Starting up a business can be very difficult sometimes because of the availability of funds to start up, choosing a suitable location for the business and most importantly, developing a good business plan.
It is easy for most of us to accumulate 30,000 and spend it on things that does not yield income ignoring the fact that we can actually start up a business with such amount. I have taken time out to list the businesses I think anyone can start with little amount of money. These businesses are;

1. The sales of perfumes
2. The sales of drinks
3. The sales of food.

Please share your thoughts and opinions on the business anyone can start and be happy with at long run, having such a small fund, 30000.

greatguy1

1. The sales of perfumes
2. The sales of drinks
3. The sales of food.

Selling of soft drinks is one business you can start with less cash. The profit margin is not so much but with large turnover one can make good profit.
The closest relative to selling soft drinks is selling of sachet and bottled water. The desire to quench thirst in a hot weather makes it a good business over here.

marcusfe

There are actually some mini businesses that can be done with #30,000 in Nigeria. Many of these businesses require very little capital even some can be started with as low as #10,000. The first of the business include data subscription and selling of recharge cards. With about #10000 we can start this business and be making huge return daily. It require a very good location especially in the student area.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
You can have business of used cloths, underwear, used electrical appliances.... If you are a student you can get some provision in small scale and wait for your hostel people to buy... You can sell little things like sweet, biscuits and likes... You can also learn how to make popcorn and sell at evening bases... Or grilled chicken in the night or shawarma also...

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Starating a business is not always about money, the greatest capital needed in any business is not money but an idea. You can actually start some business with zero naira. You can serve as a middle man between a buyer and a seller and get some percentage on it for every successful transactions made.
You are not far from the truth. In fact many young intending business owners have not started their dream business up till now because they always believe starting a business requires a huge sum of money. Which in actual sense, it is not always true.

Profwriter

Starating a business is not always about money, the greatest capital needed in any business is not money but an idea. You can actually start some business with zero naira. You can serve as a middle man between a buyer and a seller and get some percentage on it for every successful transactions made.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
30k to a large extent can start a business here in Nigeria, though it might be inclusive of shop rent especially in the cities unless one is ready to hawkers or just have an attachment near by. The most for me will selling cooked food. This amount can start food business in a medium way. Same with roasting food business

Godsplan

I'm not familiar with the Currency value although so I can't talk much about which businesses it should be used for or not. But sometimes business is not always about capital in general, some times you look at some small problems or items that your neighbors lack and try to open a retail for such products and with this you make a lot of profit before competition sets in.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
We shouldn't be lavishing money, we shouldn't be wasteful with money at least learn how to save money for the future purses. Their are some petty business we can start up as low as that amount you quoted. At least it will yield out some profit as time goes on. The business can be run gradually till it reaches the best level it supposed to reach.