Start a Pineapple plantation Business on one hectare of land

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Use a more descriptive or detailed title that is self explanatory on your Threads.
I love the pineapple plantation because it is a farm that saves on space. The pineapple plant has a gap of only 1 meter away from each other. That means 1 hectare of land can be planted to 10,000 pineapple plants. Let’s say a pineapple costs $1 so that is clearly $10,000 when the pineapples are harvested and sold.

IMG_3179 small pinya.JPG
However, the pineapple is a slow grower unlike the papaya or banana that is fruiting in less than a year from planting. The pineapple takes 18 months from planting to harvesting. That 1.5 years is a long wait for the farmers. That is one reason why farm owners would prefer to plant pineapple only in the portion of their farm that is not very useful. If I could buy a hectare of land I would be planting half of the land to pineapple.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
This is good I have seen many farmers do the pineapple business I never knew it was this profitable , but that profit could be an estimation because most times pest and others are the only real threat since they could attack the farm land , so how do you actually go about that , I would really love to know

Mika

VIP Contributor
I think it is better to choose a produce that gives you yield faster. Food crops like rice, corn, and wheat take 4 months to grown (from sowing seeds to harvesting). Just in 45 days, your chickens will be ready to be sold in the market. If you have to wait for 18 months to harvest, I don't think this is fruitful.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The time to Harvest is to long but it's a good business though. You stated that farmers prefer planting it on the portion of land that is not useful. It's just like leaving it to grow while you do your normal farming activities and earn big when it ripped. That's a cool business and a way of making passive income farming.

Setho

VIP Contributor
If you look at one hectare of land closely it is not a small piece of land and it is ideal if you want to start a business like pineapple plantation business. You just have to do a new checkboxes like choosing the most appropriate special I'm also looking for ways that you can wait or competition in the market.

Setho

VIP Contributor
If you look at one hectare of land closely it is not a small piece of land and it is ideal if you want to start a business like pineapple plantation business. You just have to do a new checkboxes like choosing the most appropriate special I'm also looking for ways that you can wait or competition in the market.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I saw some people who were planting pinapples in my country as a real estate business. It is such a profitable business to do. Though 1.8 years is truly such a long time to wait. So it is best to do this business as an investment for future passive income and plant them in a peace of land that you don't really need it for basic food.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I saw some people who were planting pinapples in my country as a real estate business. It is such a profitable business to do. Though 1.8 years is truly such a long time to wait. So it is best to do this business as an investment for future passive income and plant them in a peace of land that you don't really need it for basic food.
It's actually a long time to wait for the harvest but to think that you have nothing more to do after planting then it is like a passive income as you said. But here the farms should be checked everyday when the pineapple are bearing fruits because the big fruits can be stolen especially when the farm is by the road that it is easy to visit.