Start a pepper plantation Business in your Backyard

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Use a more descriptive or detailed title that is self explanatory on your threads.
You may be surprised to know that red pepper has a season that per kilo costs $20. If you have a space in the backyard that you can plant 10 seedlings of red pepper then that can be a money maker. Even if you sell the harvest for half the price or $10 and you can harvest 3 to 5 kilos every week then that is good money. When the harvest is regular the customer may offer to do the harvesting just to be assured of supply.

IMG_8163 sili plants.JPG
Red pepper is easy to grow. The only pest is the white aphids that are easy to control if you have a garden hose. Spraying the leaves with a shower of water can eradicate the aphids. From the seedling the plant starts to bloom after 6 months or so. In a month from now I may be harvesting a kilo of red pepper per week. Let us wait and see.

Last edited by a moderator:

Setho

VIP Contributor
This is something that I so much agree on. If you want to be someone who wants to be financially free in the near future then you shouldn't be having a piece of land at your backyard that is not bringing in money. You first have to ensure that the land is fertile then after that you can buy seedlings and plant it there.

Makah

Farming generally is a good and profitable business when properly invested into and pepper farming is not bad either since it's a form of farming
Growing pepper is easy and the first step to be taken is getting a good and manured farm to start farming on and after that is making sure you get the right seedlings to plant and make sure you read more about the farming so you can have experience about it

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The business is profitable and people in my area mostly takes it at a substitence level just for their family only , since they can easily plant it at their balcony and would easily grow as they want it to be , the business is profitable and to take it at a high level and get more sales you need to invest

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
Generally I consider farming as an oil well. Be it seasonal or all year round plantation. Over here in Nigeria pepper is one of the essential food for us and it's only limited for planting to some fee region hence making it a bit expenses. A small scale farming also goes a long way especially for people staying in a tourist environment.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You are right going into planting some of these things can bring money and even be a good source of money supply to the family. If one has a small space somewhere or even behind the house as you have suggested doing a bit of farming will really help now

Abigael

Valued Contributor
This is a great business idea. Growing of pepper in your own backyard can be a good source of extra income. I did not know that sometimes red pepper can cost upto $20 per kg. Those who plant it indeed benefit alot. I will try doing this when I will have my own place to live.

funmi

Verified member
Honestly speaking planting pepper at ones back yard is not a bad idea at all. In the area where I stay, though we don't buy per kilo but we have a way of using plastic to measure it. Right now, it is very Pepper and even tomatoes are very expensive. If one can plant it ,it will be very good and profitable interns of eating at home and also selling it out to other people.

Good luck

Verified member
Pepper is one of a good business thay one needs to invest on.This business doesn't really need a large land before one can do it.Right at back of ones house one can start.Itbis a very lucrative and profitable but that fetch really good money. This business has really make those northerners rich because they like farming work unlike the southerners.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Backyard farming, terrace gardening, indoor gardening, and the things like these will not only help you reduce your food price but might even help you to earn extra money. When our country went into lockdown lot of people in the urban area started farming in their terrace and backyard and made money