General insurance Some types of insurance

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Insurance is if various types depending on the business one is involving in. Among the types of insurance are

Bad debts insurances: bad debt does occur in business, they are debts that may not be recovered by customers. A business owner can insurance against them.

Cash in transit : this insurance will compensate the insurer if there is loss of cash at home, workplace or even while going to the bank.

Fidelity guarantee insurance: this insurance will insure the insurer against any dishonesty by the employer that can be be harmful to the business.

Glass plate insurance : this is type of insurance that's done on any material made of gasses either plates, or even houses.

Contractor all risk : to prevent a contractor from bearing all the losses that may be accrues by workers while working on sites, he can opt for this kind of insurance to guide against such loss.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Insurance policies can be broadly categorized into two types, one life insurance two non-life insurance. Life insurance policy includes term life insurance, whole life insurance, and health insurance. Whereas non-life insurance refers to all policies that are not related to human life, for example, auto insurance, house insurance, business insurance, etc.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
You are truly right. While life insurance can also be called assurance. But the post is all about the types of insurance that a business owner is opened to. The type of business that one is into most of the time will determine the type of insurance policy to be opted for.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Insurance and assurance are different terms used for two different types of life insurance policies. One is term life insurance and another is whole life insurance. Term life means the policy will work for a certain time and the whole life is an assurance policy that covers your entire life, and the benefits will be provided to your nominee.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I actually haven't heard of glass plate insurance policy before ,I would have considered and place it under the property insurance policy , considering the fact that you are insuring property against any form of risk and glass plate is part of properties I think you are insuring against too,

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Some of the insurance here looks strange to me because i have not really heard their name before. I have gotten used to the popular ones such as health insurance and the rest of them. Glass plate insurance is the most shocking among them. i think you have done well by enlightening me about this.