Business Ideas Some small business ideas and strategies

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That's right of you. But when I say knowing the need, I may mean knowing what they want immidiately and not really their desire. For instance, it is not advisable for someone to be selling kerosene where most of the people in the area need gas for their cylinder. This is my own point of view.
Wow nice illustration. Okay now you have make me to understand what you were trying to say .okay in this case I can agree with you they need to know what it is needed within the location they are placing their business. This will actually help them to avoid going into the type of business that may end in loss when people are not buying it.

Setho

VIP Contributor
One of the easiest ways of selling anything as a small business is by offering what nobody is offering. You can always add the option of pickup and delivery as it is going to reduce the burden on so many people

Skysaint

Verified member
Although small businesses don't normally have the various features like that of the large and established business but I believe employing a good strategy in your little business will ensure the growth and longevity of your business. You can start by creating an online presence for your business and having a good customer service because sometimes that's what really matters

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
As a small business you need to do more promotion and many other advertisement to get more investors to invest in your business ,I think there are many small business that are struggling hard to suceed and promoting the business more would actually increase the business sales and gains you will make

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Those are really good strategies to running a small business. Which can truly be a bit hard since you don't have much exposure and resources needed bloke the larger businesses have. But you can start small and keep growing. For example, you can just start advertising through word of mouth and letting people know what you do and ask them to patronize you.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
If you are starting a small scale business in a region where there are lot of established businesses, it is very important for you to do market research and come up with The weakness of your competitors. you can then develop unique selling proposition around that weakness of your competitor. Use this strategy to your own advantages and you are going to make a lot of profits.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
You come up with an excellent and informative post. There are some of the latest ideas and strategies for your business:-
  • Advertising
  • Branding and Graphics
  • Social Media
  • Direct Marketing
  • Websites
  • Marketing Plans
  • Business Productivity
  • Using promotional products
These are wonderful business ideas that you have mention here but no doubt whoever that wants to engage in them must have ICT knowledge and must be very creative to enable him or her to succeed in the highly competitive social Media platform especially when it has to do with marketing products online using the different social media tools.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Some bhsiness owners kill their business by obtaining loans for the business when the business is still in infant stage. This will make them them not to concentrate more on the business again, the repayment of loan will be there major thought hereby making them to lose both the business and even the loan.

Unique23

Marketing is meant to raise brand awareness and build a pipeline of qualified leads that turn into sales. With a small business, getting the word out can be challenging due to less visibility and lack of resources (like budget or time). However, there are key strategies that can help you scale your small business's marketing efforts.
For local businesses, it's equally important to have essential and updated information readily available for potential clients.

If you're a small business owner with little experience in online marketing, this might all sound like a foreign language to you. Have no fear -- we'll go through what all these words mean, and why you should care about them!
There are some small business strategies
Know your audience.
Emphasize your value proposition.
Stay focused on singular goals and objectives.
Capitalize on short-term plays.
Double-down on what works.
These strategies are fundamental as you generate awareness and revenue for your organization.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Do you really think that smaller businesses should rather concentrate in satisfying the needs of their customers ?most smaller business I know around here only deal with general products and these are the products that are needed by most people .is not necessary that they have to know the need of their consumer as manufacturing companies are doing.
That's right of you. But when I say knowing the need, I may mean knowing what they want immidiately and not really their desire. For instance, it is not advisable for someone to be selling kerosene where most of the people in the area need gas for their cylinder. This is my own point of view.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
A small business needs to know the needs of his consumers. He must try to knw what the people need and then a good location to sell these ideas. After this, there is need to know the best way to market the business by imploring diffrent workable means to advertise what he sells.
Do you really think that smaller businesses should rather concentrate in satisfying the needs of their customers ?most smaller business I know around here only deal with general products and these are the products that are needed by most people .is not necessary that they have to know the need of their consumer as manufacturing companies are doing.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
A small business needs to know the needs of his consumers. He must try to knw what the people need and then a good location to sell these ideas. After this, there is need to know the best way to market the business by imploring diffrent workable means to advertise what he sells.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One of the hardest things for every new business owners is to acquire new customers. This is happening because people don't have any trust in their business yet as the lack authority in the marketplace. They are going to gain audience over it if they are bringing quality products to the marketplace with a good offer.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, it is really a crucial part to know your audience in an effective way before conducting the business. You must know what kind of audience will be interested in your services and products. It will be much easier for you to make sales if you know the right audience. Unfortunately, many people do not know this and they market their products in an ineffective way.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
A small business Will Survive based on two things, first ability to acquire new customer and ability to retain them for a long time. A small business owner can leverage the the internet to drive traffic to their businesses. They can hire a digital marketer that will help them to promote their website on different platforms online.

Carson20t

There are others businesses that just go viral but the probability is what you have to consider generally as a small business is first to have a product which is either new or already in the market,your location and key players or stakeholders.if it is just a shop with groceries then it's a matter of customer base.but if it is a product then alot of marketing and branding will have to be involved in order for you to take lead and start competing on the market

kayode10

VIP Contributor
One of the fastest way for a small business to gain ground in the marketplace is to develop unique sales points for their business. they are going to do this by looking at the strength and The weakness of the competitors in the marketplace. They will be able to generate the best idea for themselves and their business.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
According to research and studies it is held that small-scale businesses are more numerous than large scale businesses and in most areas of west Africa you can come across small-scale business is almost in every area of the street or even in a major road you must always come across a small-scale business. Majority of small-scale businesses in Nigeria and grocery stores and foodstuffs shops. That indeed are incredible business ideas but if I were to establish a business how will possibly go for a restaurant business.

Establishing a restaurant can totally be a very interesting business idea and that is because in any locality a restaurant business can totally strife because all individuals despite our category or status will always eat food, and so making yourself as a food seller can totally be a good business idea. Finally you must always note that for you to succeed as a restaurant business owner you must endeavour to sit with your business in an area with high population because it is assumed that the higher the population of the area in which your restaurant business to be located the more possible for you to make reasonable profit.