Naz

Small business tends to start because of “the right business idea.” Very often, the concept does not exist yet.

It’s easy to come up with a business idea if you’re already in a different industry, such as entertainment, software, pet care or design.

To start, you can get in touch with friends, contacts or family. Often, the ideas that surface in conversations are good. However, if it’s a business idea you’ve never considered, don’t give up hope, you may have a winner. You may need to do research on your idea to get ideas.

Your skills can be put to good use in a new industry if you decide to start small.

The more you try out and think about starting a small business, the better prepared you’ll be to get your feet wet.

Most small businesses begin with a little market research, either online or offline. Do your research to learn what the market offers, and the challenges they may face. Remember, being competitive doesn’t necessarily mean you have to be big; it means you’re already there.

The key is to build relationships. Go where your customers are – in public places. You can go to coffee shops, supermarkets or bars to get feedback on your new business concept.

Some of the ways you can do market research include:

Talk to your customers or target audience.

Learn about what’s new in the market, how it’s evolving and what their challenges and priorities are.

Host a series of business workshops or courses that your target market would be interested in.

Ask for feedback, as your customers will be your biggest assets.

Visit local marketplaces. Most e-commerce stores do market research there. You can also visit small mom and pop stores, such as at a shopping mall.

Research your target market. You can narrow down your target market to a specific age group, gender, or occupation.

Queentener

With my little experience I will say there is no business that is easy to start even those into petty trading you can ask them it was not easy when they started no matter how small a business is starting a business is not a joke is not a child's play so it takes a lot. Small or big as far as it is you starting the business then you have to put in all the works, you have to put in all you have to get the best results.

Doradorwa

Opportunity seeker
With my little experience I will say there is no business that is easy to start even those into petty trading you can ask them it was not easy when they started no matter how small a business is starting a business is not a joke is not a child's play so it takes a lot. Small or big as far as it is you starting the business then you have to put in all the works, you have to put in all you have to get the best results.
Yeah, you are right, no business is easy to start. Most times we do all this stuffs base of the fact that it's either you take the risk or remain poor. Doing proper might help, choosing the proper location too can help but something will always pop up and when you are not mentally balanced you'll lose everything.

Mellorando

Banned
Whether it is a small or big business capital is needed to start the business but in this case of a small business little capital might be needed to start a small business but before starting a small business you must understand that small business will yield small profit

Samuel72

Verified member
Yes of course small business are easy to start but small business does not give much profit like other standard business, small business sometimes I also hard to control this is because in every business you need a strategy to run the business and also you need idea and experience in the business even if the business is small business

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
What I like in a small business aside from the easier handling of the operation is the small capital. My first business had very little capital as if I was just testing the waters or maybe some people said that I was playing. When the business did not earn then I had no hangup when I closed it. With a big business there is mental drawback.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah I agree starting a business small is a lot easy because you might need a small capital and space to try out. Then you can learn from there before expanding it and making big of it. I think people should always start their business small before going big with to avoid the needed experience and skills

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Without much capital at hand, a small medium business is very easy to start. But what matters most is the nature of the business to start, because even a small business can't flourish without the right products, our business has to be about the value it's going to dish out for people. It ought to be something that people will need. If not, the business may not move.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I know that many people would tend to say that starting a small business is easier but you should know that even when starting a small business there are some things you need to get right like knowing your customers where they live and also how you are going to get money from them

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Small business is very easy to start , and I think it's probably because of the amount of capital you could put into the business , since the level of capital you could put is low the profitability level of the business won't be too high too ,it's very easy

Skysaint

Verified member
I think am not wrong to assume you said small businesses are easy to start because of the low capital required to setup the business. But starting up a very lucrative business these days can be really stressful and as hard as it can get, not everyone could comfortably startup lucrative business if not every one on planet Earth would've been rich.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Starting a small business is probably the right thing to do for anyone not really want to venture into a business. truth is that if you start a small business and you have the right business idea and knowledge you would probably grow it over time and become successful.

A lot of people do not want to start small even though they do not have much capital to venture into a big business and they end up taking loans which usually listen to bad debt. There are several small business ideas in which you can start both online and offline and make a lot of money from them in the long run if you are able to manage that very well.

The internet has even made it easier for people to venture into several businesses sitting at the comfort of their homes.

Blogging is one of the small business ideas in which you can venture into and succeed on it on the long run. The truth is that having a blog is very important for anyone that really wants to succeed on the internet because it can open you up to a lot of opportunities to make money on the internet.

Ramolak19

Verified member
According to my own point small business is easy to start due to small capital that required but some people are still fail to build or find it difficult to manage it

Truly a small business might require small capital and little business idea to run but it would surely take time before it growing up because of the little working capital incurred and if care is not taking bad economy might run all the money including profit. And before you known the owner can quite the business.

But in other way round most of the big company today also started small with more efforts and continues research they become larger, its better to small and thinks big.

There are some factors that can helped the growth of small business. For instance, personal attitude will have impact on the expansion of the small business.

Secondly the location where the business situated which is going to helped the buyers to patronized

Then ability to survived when there is no sales, because its very easy for the owner of the business to spend all the working capital during the dry business time.

Insecurity when there is no past business experience to protect the working capital against stealing and credit buyer.