Should You Start Running Ads on Your Blog When You Have Less Than 5 Posts?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I had just three posts on my blog when I started running ads. I used Amazon ads and other small ad networks. I used 5 ad units on my blog.

Did I make money?

Well, I did not make any money. I was even rejected by Adsense for excessive advertising. I was rejected by media.net and infolinks because of thin content.

If you want to blog, your primary aim should be using adsense. If you want to use adsense, do not use any ads before adsense approves your site, use ads only after adsense has approved your site.

Ads are the ways to make money from your blog but just because you have ads on your site does not mean you will make money. You need a lot for traffic on your blog. If you have few articles how can you get a lot of traffic? Once you publish a lot of content, then only you can start thinking about making money.

If your blog has less than 5 posts or even less than 10 posts, first of all focus on Search Engine Optimization. Check keywords tools to see which keywords ranks high and also gets moderate hits. You will have to use those keywords. Google AdWords is basically a tool for advertisers, but as a publisher you can use it to do Keyword research.

When I started blogging, my primary aim was to make money with adsense. In order to run adsense ads, I needed a blog with high quality content and a lot of content. I asked some people who were on this business already and they told me that I need at least a dozen articles before submitting my blog for adsense and I also should not use any ads on the site when I am submitting to adsense. Thus, I hired a writer to write 12 articles, and then submitted the blog. It was rejected outright. But was approved after 34 articles