Should You Get Work Equipment From Personal Funds?

Shaf

Verified member
Sometimes, what you need to carry out your job effectively won't be provided by your employers. It may range from the smallest things like a pen, to large ones like machinery.

Even when you put forward a complaint, the items won't be provided and it eventually affects the quality of the work you do. Jobs are also difficult to come by now, so you may just have to stick to it that way.

Can you purchase such items from your personal funds or salary? What could be the implications especially if you have to leave the job? Do you take those things with you?

Etini

Valued Contributor
As for me, if you don't provide adequate inputs for me to do my work in your organization, I would do it the way it is and leave it for you. I don't have time to kill myself in someone's work. I once worked in a school where I had to teach English, the school did not provide textbooks for me to use and teach. I taught the children without a textbook even when I had a personal textbook at home. If people are not ready to run organizations, they should just forget it rather than use it to punish people.

I can't use my personal funds to run someone's organization for the person. What do I stand to gain from such? I stopped doing things that I can't measure what I stand to gain substantially. I am a pragmatic person. I don't have the time to be sycophantic over anything.