Should Nigerian government invest in empowerment programmes to alleviate unemployment or reduce tax?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
The rate of unemployment is so alarming in my country, and the reason for ithis is not far fetched. For me i would say this is caused by the lack of good governance on the part of those in government. If they had empowered people with good knowledge of entrepreneurship this would have open up more opportunities thereby reducing unemployment. Then again corruption and nepotism is another cause of unemployment.

Reduction in Tax on the other can help alot mostly those infant industries to grow as this will help them to reduce the price on their goods and services and this inturn will help increase the level of patronage.

So what's your take?

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
No need for them to empower people because that is not the problem of Nigeria, the problem is that those people that are in high places in the Nigerian government are the one that is embezzling money that they're supposed to use in buildings of industries for people to work,they should find a way to create employment first not to empower people.

Setho

VIP Contributor
One of the biggest problems in Nigeria need to solve this problem of their population and the corruption in high places. If you are able to solve this kind of things then it is going to open way for foreign investors and for people to be able to do business openly and that is what they need them or not just social investment programme.