Should crypto currencies be included in academic curriculums?

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
With the way crypto currencies are gaining acceptance all over the world, there is a need for a better understanding of how best to go about buying and selling them. A lot of people would get scammed due to ignorance. I have started seeing some scammers who tend to deceive unsuspecting persons to believe they would help them trade crypto currencies and then be remitting some percentage every month. It is best to know these things for your self and decide whether to involve in trading or not.

With this, I feel crypto currencies should be included in academic curriculums so that students get to understand what crypto currencies really are. Since they are being taught about Fiat currencies, there should also be a provision for education on crypto currencies.
What do you think?

cmoneyspinner

Once upon a time people did not use fiat currency. Once upon money changers had tables in temples and not banks. How do I know this? Because it's history and it is taught as history. Should cryptocurrencies be included in the academic curriculum. Yes! Even if it just a “passing fancy” that was launched in 2009 and has lasted for over a decade already. It is a significant development in the history of technology, in the history of banking and finance, in the history of mankind. Students should be taught about it.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Once upon a time people did not use fiat currency. Once upon money changers had tables in temples and not banks. How do I know this? Because it's history and it is taught as history. Should cryptocurrencies be included in the academic curriculum. Yes! Even if it just a “passing fancy” that was launched in 2009 and has lasted for over a decade already. It is a significant development in the history of technology, in the history of banking and finance, in the history of mankind. Students should be taught about it.
Crypto currencies have come to stay and so the idea of it being a "passing fancy" is definitely not true. The restrictions by some countries is why the market has not grown yet. I believe that if all countries approve crypto currencies, it would bring about a high rate of acceptance. Many people are not comfortable with the way Fiat currencies and would consider crypto currencies since it is a better option.

I dislike saving my money in banks due to the excess charges, but now I'm grateful for crypto currency wallets where I save most of my money and they get to appreciate with time.

There's really a need for crypto currency education.

Peppul

Well it will be a welcome development but the issue is that since we are dealing with youths in the academic structure most of them don't even know about crypto they are studying for the sake of getting a good job and earning a living to survive, in most school nowadays you find more student that are not even computer oriented and will such people even buy the idea of using crypto currency as a means of transaction, I don't think so. Not unless the academic board decides to enlighten them and make it a compulsory thing.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Well it will be a welcome development but the issue is that since we are dealing with youths in the academic structure most of them don't even know about crypto they are studying for the sake of getting a good job and earning a living to survive, in most school nowadays you find more student that are not even computer oriented and will such people even buy the idea of using crypto currency as a means of transaction, I don't think so. Not unless the academic board decides to enlighten them and make it a compulsory thing.
Since they are more interested in securing a job after graduation, that would even serve as a better source of motivation that will propel them to want to know more about crypto currencies. The academic curriculum would definitely expose them to different earning potentials of crypto currencies.

Experts could also be employed to give students a better idea of how to go about trading crypto currencies for a living, more like a youth empowerment scheme.

Josemendez

Verified member
With the rate at which cryptocurrency is trennding , I think it will be wise for cryptocurrency education to be included in the school curriculum .

This is aimed at achieving some aims ;
first , in educating people about cryptocurrency ,so that they will have all the necessary knowledge needed in cryptocurrency , in order to avoid being scammed .

To help people to see what cryptocurrency is all about ,and how they can be able to use the platform to make money .

rightminds

I fully support that cryptocurrency be incorporated into the school curriculum for especially those who in management studies. Just as it's good to incorporate forex trading in the school curriculum so it's important to also include cryptotrading in the school curriculum. The fact still remains the same that many governments of world are still looking away from these digital financial sustainable avenues because most of them feel it's not reliable. My opinion is that sooner or later and whether they like it or not they will still accept it into the system. This is the more reason the knowledge should be imparted into the young generation. It is also a mean of teaching students to be sefl dependent and create employment opportunities.

cmoneyspinner

There's really a need for crypto currency education.

There is definitely a need for cryptocurrency education. That's why I started my own Tumblr blog and Twitter account to follow the topic. I also joined forums where they actively discuss what is happening with bitcoins, cryptocurrency, block chain, digital currency, and other related technology. I am usually the last one to the party. But this time when I saw the bitcoin train, I jumped on it! Hey! I'm even way ahead of some of my kids on this. And that's saying when momma got on the train before they did. LOL. :D

chicnthin

I absolutely love this idea! Especially if one is major in related to finance like me. It would be beneficial for students that is interested in crypto currency. Although, I believe it is possible that we can achieve to learn it on our own, but having someone teach it to the students would be great. Also, since it is fast growing and becoming more of a thing as years goes by, I think it is only necessary to have an education about it. I bet most of my classmates don't know anything about crypto currencies. In fact, if only I'm not a part of different post to paid forums, I don't think I would have any idea nor interest in crypto.

Carson20t

Crypto currency has alot of disadvantages as compared to its advantages we know that at the convenience of your finger tips you can send and recieve quite alot of money in a very short period of time so this neans its more less like a self bank or exchanger.But it can heavily be used in fraudulent activities such as money laundering and purchase of illegal goods and support of ant-peace activities such as terrorism just to add to its volatile nature.

Not until some gaps are rectified and its usages is made universally friendly I feel it should not be taught directly in schools but rather some scores of people can learn about it indirectly like those in Information communication sector can learn it through programming and coding.

Last edited: