Business Ideas Selling of bulbs and tourch light is it profitable

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
I think this is one business that shouldnt be left out , since most times student might need tourchlight in the night in hostels , because most hostels usually experience light out most times and they need all these to read at night and others , i have friends who hawk through different hostels on campus then to get someone that would demand , and at times they sells large quantity and most times small quantity that day , depending on how the business goes on that very day ,i think considering the business shouldnt be a bad idea since its less costly to start and you could start in any place , if you have the needed capital to start the business i think only that the profit rate might be low from the start , but as you begin to get more customers the profitablity level would move very high i think

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Well, there was a time when this was a good business because in many 3rd Tier countries, electricity outage is a really common problem. Before electric generators and UPS (Uninterruptible Power Supply) become famous, people used to buy torch a lot but nowadays more and more people focus on purchasing generators and UPS rather than buying torches.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
think torch are less expensive as they could still be used in the night when moving from one place to another , so it basically still have the advantage since light cannot cover everywhere there would still be that need of torch light for support and comfort , although despite the fact that more people are making use of eletric gen and even use of solar is becoming popular

funmi

Verified member
Yes. Selling of bulbs and torch lights is very profitable. Though, I have not sold it before but I have a person who is close to me that sells it and she is doing just fine in the business. The only thing is for you to buy some flashy torch lights and lamps. More so, always buy bulbs that are reigning at all time. Make sure your products are not too expensive too. You will definitely see that selling torches and bulbs are really profitable.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Anything that will generate power or bring light especially in the third world country will sell. There is limited power supply daily so they only way out is to invest in products that will help one provide lights. Selling of torch as you had mentioned near hostels or homes of students will help

Chibson

VIP Contributor
I don't think the business May really be that lucrative in schools but I think it may be. The reason I said so is that there are not a lot of people doing that kind of business in my school because most of the students by their stuffs whenever they go home for Vacation. This kind of business is very lucrative and developing areas because there are a lot of people who are in need of torchlights and electric bulbs. I don't really know if it is lucrative in rural areas.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In our country electrical products like you mentioned are sold in hardware stores. If you will put up a store to sell only light bulb and torches then you would better belong to the flea market or Sunday market. Your store will not have regular transactions because people would prefer to buy from big hardware stores that have assurance of quality for their products.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
If you are willing to do this business then you should be in the market, where people can be able to patronise you from various places. I believe this is not some street business. How often do people needs flashlights or bulbs, or lamps? After the purchase of the first one. This is not something that people need always. You have to be almost in the central market to make sales.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Before one go into any business, one need to do what we know as research to know where best his business can be sited for more gain. Setting up business on torch will only be profitable in areas where they don't enjoy light 247. Besides, profitability of a business is determined by how well we handle the business and not the business itself.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not think you can make money by selling simple bulbs and torch lights, there is a lot of competition. However, if you can sell special bulbs (the bulbs that you can control through a smartphone app, or multi-function solar torch (a torch that can also charge your mobile phone during an emergency) can be lucrative.

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
I think this is one business that shouldnt be left out , since most times student might need tourchlight in the night in hostels , because most hostels usually experience light out most times and they need all these to read at night and others , i have friends who hawk through different hostels on campus then to get someone that would demand , and at times they sells large quantity and most times small quantity that day , depending on how the business goes on that very day ,i think considering the business shouldnt be a bad idea since its less costly to start and you could start in any place , if you have the needed capital to start the business i think only that the profit rate might be low from the start , but as you begin to get more customers the profitablity level would move very high i think
To me I see it as a profitable and lucrative business only if one know how to go about the business.
Before will start such a business research needed to made on the place to site such a business. As we all know that a business can not stand without its environment. And if one should did its findings very well then there Will be success for such a business.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
To me I see it as a profitable and lucrative business only if one know how to go about the business.
Before will start such a business research needed to made on the place to site such a business. As we all know that a business can not stand without its environment. And if one should did its findings very well then there Will be success for such a business.
Exactly a convenient environment needs to be made when creating plans on launching the business , to spark up the demand of the business , since what contributes more to the demand , i cant start such business in a war zone because the first thing i would consider is the effect it will have before making that move of launching the business