Selling Digital Products

raaman

Valued Contributor
It is not possible to hold, feel or touch digital products, but everyone uses them - whether it is music or videos, ebooks or online courses, to name just a few examples.

A lot of entrepreneurs develop an entire business from these intangible assets, thanks to their wide acceptance and easy commercialization, or they launch digital product lines as a complement to the tangible items or services they offer.

However, what makes digital products a particularly attractive option is that they can be created only once and sold on a recurring basis to different customers without the need to renew inventory.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree that producing digital products can be profitable and likewise in selling the same. As you said the creation is just once and you can easily multiply it by simply copying. That copying is the main problem of the entertainment industry - music and movies are being copied left and right that producers are losing money. I buy a song and I download it then have a copy for my friends. Think of how many friends I have as an example. I have many compositions of new songs that I plan to produce with a professional singer but I am afraid that the market for digital products is not yet safe from copycats.