Saving some business profits for employee benefits

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was working in a Japanese software which was owned by a Filipino there was the notion that if we would be dedicated to our job then the company will earn a good profit. When that happens there will be a portion of the profit to be saved for the benefit of the employees. That short speech gave us the motivation to work conscientiously because in programming it was common for some to be lazy at work especially when the project is almost done.

In big corporations saving a part of the profit for the benefits of the employees is the standard. That is why they have a car loan and even a housing loan for their employees aside from the medical insurance and other benefits. The expenses for those benefits come from the excess profit of the company.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Well, I believe in employers trying to be kind to all deserving employees of a firm. It shouldn’t just be about employers amassing wealth all the time for themselves then employees feel better too. So yes the excess profits should also be used for the good of the workers in a company

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is an example of a company that has the interest of its employees at heart and the employees will work very hard for the company to make a lot of profit because when there is profit they will get bonuses or which will call employee benefits. this is simply a business strategy used by the company to bring out the best out of its employees and of course such businesses grow very fast.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Some employers do not have the best interest of their employees at heart and it would be hard for them to even consider saving profits realized to ensure that their employees benefit in it. They feel that the monthly or weekly payments made are already enough and any other benefit or profits should go to the business growth and development.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
An incentive boost workers morale to work fervently. When workers are being taken care of, they tend to give there best to the company because they know at the end of the week or month they will be receiving extra money. Most companies that uses workers without showing an extra appreciation for their work, don't usually see the full extent of workers.

Mika

VIP Contributor
The businesses that share profits with the workers will survive for a long time. In my home country, banks share profits with the employees. That's the reason why people want to work in the banks and why banks are flourishing in my home country. I think this is the best business practice. If your workers are happy, your business will boom.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I have not seen anything that boost the morale of employees like giving them occasionally free stuff. For someone who so much values having a good and lively work environment you should always save a little from profit in the business for employee benefits. It doesn't have to be much actually but maybe just a gift pack during festive periods will do.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Such kind of speeches motivates the dying spirit a lot. If I'm working and you say nice things like financial benefits or bonus to be added to my salary or given to me as an additional reward any time it will surely persuade me to work more, and improve in my previous tasks to make sure I'm eligible for the benefits.

anil02

Verified member
When I was working in a Japanese software which was owned by a Filipino there was the notion that if we would be dedicated to our job then the company will earn a good profit. When that happens there will be a portion of the profit to be saved for the benefit of the employees. That short speech gave us the motivation to work conscientiously because in programming it was common for some to be lazy at work especially when the project is almost done.

In big corporations saving a part of the profit for the benefits of the employees is the standard. That is why they have a car loan and even a housing loan for their employees aside from the medical insurance and other benefits. The expenses for those benefits come from the excess profit of the company.
It is good thing to pay some more than regular salary and wages to employees, Here in India we have bonus system Government and non government companies are paying it. Even government is also paying it to employees although they are not earning profit. My son is working is bank and bonus is part of package.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Such kind of speeches motivates the dying spirit a lot. If I'm working and you say nice things like financial benefits or bonus to be added to my salary or given to me as an additional reward any time it will surely persuade me to work more, and improve in my previous tasks to make sure I'm eligible for the benefits.
In the bank where I worked supervisors and higher officers have a profit sharing program every January. What I usually received was more than 2 months of my salary. That motivated me not only to be loyal to our employer but to be dedicated to my job. I could feel that doing a good job will somehow contribute to the profitability of the bank.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
In the bank where I worked supervisors and higher officers have a profit sharing program every January. What I usually received was more than 2 months of my salary. That motivated me not only to be loyal to our employer but to be dedicated to my job. I could feel that doing a good job will somehow contribute to the profitability of the bank.
That's amazing that you earned double of your salary being loyal and submissive to your employer. That's a good attribute to gain from the employer. Employers always love employees that respect them, and show loyalty to their job. Cos they'll keep you closer and use you to accomplish some small tasks, and reward you more.