Save money by having a no-spend day

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Saving money isn't an easy task and a lot of time we spend money on what we might not really need but because we can't discipline ourselves we continue to go on a spending spree. Guess what is always the effect? Ofcourse depletion of the resources we have at out disposable. You know whatever you spend can't be gotten back until you are ready to get the next pay check.
So the best way to tackle the problem of spending and exhausting our funds is findings ways to limit our spending.

one idea you should adopt is to have a no spending day. You just have to find a way to infuse this into your daily life. You can start by having once a day no spending before taking it into days.

1.You can start this by planning the day before on how you can stay the next day without spending.

2.For the day of no spending, you can make your meals mostly with whdt is available in your home or freezer. You should stick with the no spending even for your food.

3. Discipline yourself and keep to the rules. Make sure you are not with your credit or debit card for the day. Get out of the house for other routine without cash on you. All these will be obstacles to any kind of spending

What do you think?

LoukiaCharilaou

Valued Contributor
Hi everyone! The topic you have chosen is fascinating indeed. As soon as I read the title of your thread, I smiled. You are absolutely right and I totally agree with everything you mention in your post. It is a beautiful idea to save money by having a no-spend day. Some people may think that although it is a great idea, practically it is very hard not to spend money for one day.

As far as I am concerned, I believe that it is not so difficult to save money by having a no-spend day. It is true that, nowadays, people have created a lot of needs. Most of these needs are not real. However, they feel that they have to cover them, otherwise, they are not happy and satisfied. This is our modern world! People always need something like a bigger house, a faster car, a better computer or phone. This is endless! For this reason, they work hard in order to earn more money and cover their fake needs.

In my opinion, money is important because it makes our lives easier. Furthermore, money offers financial freedom and independence. When we have money, we can make dreams and plans for the future. Consequently, we must learn to save it and not spend it carelessly because life is unpredictable. So, your idea to save money by having a no-spend day is beneficial. Thank you very much for sharing it with us.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah point well stated the truth is that we are the ones that create some needs especially unnecessary ones for ourselves. ofcourse the producers want to make money off us will produce these things and money will be spend carelessly on that and this hinder one from.saving.I can remember when it was the in thing to have a blackberry phone, there was so much noise about it that I decided to get one. When I got it, it became annoying to me because my old phone was way better, the blackberry had little storage space, I couldn't download movies with it and it was always very hot and hanging. Oh Lord I didn't just know the hype about the phone because it was just rubbish to me. I couldn't even use the phone past few weeks and I abandoned it because it was serving the purpose of me getting a phone. My old phone was Way better so I continue with it. So you see I spent money on a phone because of the fake need to just have a blackberry phone.

So yeah spending can be done very fast but getting it is never easy and it can be very limited. The best bet is to give oneself a day break from spending.

Oluwasegun purpose

Savings money is very hard for many people to do now adays , people see savings as an hard task which they can not easy start doing .. if you want to be saving your money first of all you need to know what is the meaning of saving ..and the important of savings . Savings help in many ways . We save money for investment and for the future of our children . Savings play a important role in one's life if you want to save you need be very discipline, because if you are not discipline you can't have any savings and again you must limit what you eat and buy, all those things you buy like sanck and all those little things,why can't you save the money and see the again you will have ..

Note this: if you are saving try to be investing out of the money you are saving . Because if you invest out of it the money you will get in return will also help you In some parts of your life and try to be using some of it to be doing small business it also helps....

So with This you can now see how saving is very good and important to human...

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
I particularly do not believe that there is a day that goes by that a normal individual do not spend and even if he or she restrict him or herself or spending that is possibly because he or she doesn't have the money to spend or possibly is broke and poor . The true reality of money is that money in there is a very important and resourceful assets that we all must endeavour to have possibly to some extent even if we do not wish to have it in abundance there by being rich and wealthy , money also must be used wisely and sensible and that simply means that we must save money in as much as we spend .

Talking about having a no spending day I totally do not quite call to this idea because except an individual relies on another individual just as children rely on their parents to provide for their needs and wants then I will say that an individual may not be able to spend in a whole day , but apart from this a normal individual will have to spend this is because human needs and wants insertable and to be able to be satisfied we need to use money day by day . But to improve our chances of saving money he must first of all convince ourselves why it is absolutely important for us to save money which is the fact that we will be able to venture into any investment possibly when it turns up and also we will be able to plan for the future which are possibly field with an called circumstances and unforeseen occurrences .