Sandalwood Trading Can Be A Beneficial Business!

A K Rao

Sandalwood trading can be an excellent business. You will be surprised to know that Sandal wood is the most expensive wood that is sold in the World.

This is the only wood that is sold by weight. Each kilogram of the Sandalwood costs between 15000/- and 16000/- Indian rupees depending upon the size, shape, and quality.

Sandalwood is mainly produced in the jungles of south India especially in the states of Karnataka, Tamilnadu, and Andhra Pradesh. The aromatic nature of this wood makes it useful in cosmetics and medicines. Because of its density this wood is used for the carving of the statues.

Since this is a non perishable product and can be stored for years together and the price of this product varies from time to time, trading this wood can be a good idea of starting a business with.

I have heard of sandal wood and had read about it. But I didn't know that it is so expensive. The counterpart here in terms of cost is the Narra wood that is the favorite of furniture makers. It is also our national tree. It is said that the narra tree should at least be 30 years old before the tree is harvested which probably is the reason why it is expensive.

I have heard of sandal wood and had read about it. But I didn't know that it is so expensive. The counterpart here in terms of cost is the Narra wood that is the favorite of furniture makers. It is also our national tree. It is said that the narra tree should at least be 30 years old before the tree is harvested which probably is the reason why it is expensive.
Yes, most of the trees with expensive wood that is used in making furniture are to be allowed to mature till the age of 30 years to make them very dense and strong. We also have teak and seesam wood in our country which are used for this purpose. Both are very good for making furniture.

Sandalwood is a highly valued wood in India, it is written as Chandana in Sanskrit. It is used in Ayurveda and Hindu rituals. In modern times, it is also widely used for perfumes and finely carved furniture. However, it is difficult to use it as business, there is a ban on the export of sandalwood from India. In some states, it is illegal to cut sandalwood trees and/or sell its wood without the permission of the State Forest Department.​

The trees are good for nature and then use their wood and export it may increase consommation instead of decreasal of tree this will affect bad ecology because national needs of wood will not like international needs so the governement has to balance between use of standal wood and in another fact preserve india nature this is my point of view may this will not be appreciable by commercant of standal wood because their own goal is earn despite of ecological deseases.